What's new

Not a bad outing

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2011
Messages
1,734
Reaction score
2,760
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, Nokta Triple Score, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I detected a school yard for a little over 3 hours and did pretty well. All of the coins are modern which is a bummer. But I did manage to find a pocket watch bezel, a tiny cat charm and an 18 karat HGE ring. You can see the 18 karat gold flaking off on the inside of the ring but the exterior is still in amazing shape.

I'm not much into jewelry so I had to look up what HGE meant because I was wondering why the gold seemed to be flaking off. HGE stands for "Heavy Gold Electroplating." So unfortunately it's not solid 18 karat gold. Oh well, it's still a sweet find.
 

Attachments

  • Coins.webp
    Coins.webp
    280.6 KB · Views: 126
  • Pocket watch bezel.webp
    Pocket watch bezel.webp
    323.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Cat charm.webp
    Cat charm.webp
    166.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Ring.webp
    Ring.webp
    121.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 18kt.webp
    18kt.webp
    57.3 KB · Views: 111
Tons of them HGE's out there. Found my fare share too. A ring is a ring so still a cool find. Congrats.
 
Looks like a fun hunt!
Congrats on the Pocket Watch bezel and HGE ring
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom