Not a Bad Weekend.

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Pioneer EX, Garrett GP Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, last weekend I went on several hunts, probably the last few with my Pioneer EX for a while, as I got the Garrett AT Pro!!! Anyway, they weren't bad. I got my first token of the year, and my second oldest coin.

20170402_162326.jpg
Coin finds from a downtown grass square in Stockton.

20170402_162331.jpg
Other finds from the square.

20170402_162338.jpg
Public park finds, including two quarters attached to one another.

20170402_162344.jpg
Another public park's finds.

20170402_162347.jpg
Coin/token finds from that park.

20170402_162352.jpg
Finds from another city square. Lots of bottlecaps.

20170402_162356.jpg
The lone coin find.

20170402_162413.jpg
Hey, not bad for a coin, it is my second oldest and my oldest nickel!

20170402_162422.jpg
A "D" mintmark.

20170402_162444.jpg
In-N-Out token. I thought it was silver! Not bad though.

20170402_162501.jpg
From 1997. I didn't even know they had tokens!

20170402_162533.jpg
Some finds from the Empty Lot (near my house).

Anyway, not a bad weekend.

GOSHDARNET WHY DO THE PICTURES ALWAYS HAVE TO TURN UPSIDE DOWN?!?!?!?!

Upvote 12

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, last weekend I went on several hunts, probably the last few with my Pioneer EX for a while, as I got the Garrett AT Pro!!! Anyway, they weren't bad. I got my first token of the year, and my second oldest coin.

GOSHDARNET WHY DO THE PICTURES ALWAYS HAVE TO TURN UPSIDE DOWN?!?!?!?!

Congrats on the new ATP! Looks like you're having no trouble adjusting! Nice wide variety.

About the pictures? This is stranger than I thought. Usually, when trying to send a pic from a phone, it depends on what position the phone is in while taking the picture. Or, while the phone is compressing it. But, the ones here? If I double click on one of the upside down ones, to expand it, it displays right side up! ??? THAT....I just don't know! :dontknow:

OP
OP
D

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the new ATP! Looks like you're having no trouble adjusting! Nice wide variety.

About the pictures? This is stranger than I thought. Usually, when trying to send a pic from a phone, it depends on what position the phone is in while taking the picture. Or, while the phone is compressing it. But, the ones here? If I double click on one of the upside down ones, to expand it, it displays right side up! ??? THAT....I just don't know! :dontknow:

Really? That is....odd. Thanks for posting! :dontknow:

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it amazes me the companies that put out tokens. Two weeks ago I found one from Arbys good for 25c in trade. I researched and found out it was made in the late 60's. Arbys was founded in 1962, I think.

OP
OP
D

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes it amazes me the companies that put out tokens. Two weeks ago I found one from Arbys good for 25c in trade. I researched and found out it was made in the late 60's. Arbys was founded in 1962, I think.

I know, you never know what you're gonna find!

Revrob

Jan 24, 2016
Cherry Valley
Detector(s) used
At pro, Nokta FoRs CoRe, equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good hunting! Youre gonna love the AT.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're doing a fine job clearing the local sod of that nasty trash and making some clad money as well. Good job my young friend. I too have an AT Pro. I think you will do quite well with the new machine. I reserve mine for water hunting. I love jumping in the local streams fishing around for cool stuff on a hot summer day. Keep after it and why are all your pictures upside down ? :laughing7:

OP
OP
D

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're doing a fine job clearing the local sod of that nasty trash and making some clad money as well. Good job my young friend. I too have an AT Pro. I think you will do quite well with the new machine. I reserve mine for water hunting. I love jumping in the local streams fishing around for cool stuff on a hot summer day. Keep after it and why are all your pictures upside down ? :laughing7:

Thanks! Darn people leaving trash...but hey, they're leaving money as well. I actually live near a channel (look up the Stockton Deep Water Channel) and I am going to test it out there at a place called the San Joaquin Power Squadron Island (look that up as well). I don't know why my pics are all upside down...maybe this website hates me because it always does that :dontknow:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will look into your area when I get some time. Getting ready for my next adventure. Drinking some Kona Java percolated in my relic 1960's Farberware coffee pot. One word of advice before going into the water. Safety first. I hunt alone in most cases. When in the water it is kinda' risky going under the water to recover targets. My first attempt at this resulted in a mouthful of Green River water and ensuing panic.:laughing7: So it's always nice to have a friend around in case you run into any trouble in the water. You may know "Aquachigger" or "Nuggetnoggins" from YouTube. These guys are well experienced in underwater recoveries. I learn a lot from viewing their videos. I am just a noob at water hunting. I do take precautions when hunting alone in the water and ONLY hunt shallow water for now. I hope to get a few more AT Pro owners around my parts to join me in the water later. You have to be a River Rat to hunt in the water and I grew up like Tom Sawer & Huck Finn so I ain't skeard of water but, do respect the dangers of being in it. Enjoy your new "toy".

OP
OP
D

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will look into your area when I get some time. Getting ready for my next adventure. Drinking some Kona Java percolated in my relic 1960's Farberware coffee pot. One word of advice before going into the water. Safety first. I hunt alone in most cases. When in the water it is kinda' risky going under the water to recover targets. My first attempt at this resulted in a mouthful of Green River water and ensuing panic.:laughing7: So it's always nice to have a friend around in case you run into any trouble in the water. You may know "Aquachigger" or "Nuggetnoggins" from YouTube. These guys are well experienced in underwater recoveries. I learn a lot from viewing their videos. I am just a noob at water hunting. I do take precautions when hunting alone in the water and ONLY hunt shallow water for now. I hope to get a few more AT Pro owners around my parts to join me in the water later. You have to be a River Rat to hunt in the water and I grew up like Tom Sawer & Huck Finn so I ain't skeard of water but, do respect the dangers of being in it. Enjoy your new "toy".

I probably won't be going under the water, just in deeper waters but not too deep. Shallow is fine. Yes, I have watched Aquachigger and Nuggetnoggin, have you?

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am subscribed to Aquachigger & Nuggetnoggins on the tube. I have my own channel and have a few unedited treasure hunting videos but, nothing recently. Too busy chasing down more treasure. I am subscribed to quite a few YouTube metal detecting channels. Great place to research new machines and tips for hunting as well. Gotta' run. Burning daylight as the Duke said.

OP
OP
D

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am subscribed to Aquachigger & Nuggetnoggins on the tube. I have my own channel and have a few unedited treasure hunting videos but, nothing recently. Too busy chasing down more treasure. I am subscribed to quite a few YouTube metal detecting channels. Great place to research new machines and tips for hunting as well. Gotta' run. Burning daylight as the Duke said.

Really? What is your YouTube channel? I have one as well. Mine is Diamondman307. They aren't the best videos, but hey, it's my passion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread