What's new

Not a copper large cent ?

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2015
Messages
1,154
Reaction score
2,556
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe this to be a counterfeit
Large cent. I can not make out a date
But a bust is clearly visible
It’s not copper , or lead it’s hard , not brittle like pewte
But it’s silver color The reverse is toast
So the bust is what I’ve got to go on
Thanks for any help. HH gl.
 

Attachments

  • 58B11A4C-C89A-4001-822D-F3881B322EBC.webp
    58B11A4C-C89A-4001-822D-F3881B322EBC.webp
    515 KB · Views: 94
  • 24F2415A-83AB-49AD-9E21-D7E994DF8E17.webp
    24F2415A-83AB-49AD-9E21-D7E994DF8E17.webp
    493 KB · Views: 81
interesting. Looks like someone was trying to cast their own Braided Hair type large cent
 
Upvote 0
It does look like the braided hair bust as jg said.
 
Upvote 0
I heard tales of an 1810 cast in tin ? I’ve been looking online but not found anything definitive yet
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom