not a good start for the year.

F

flash

Been hunting some new areas to start the season out.Finding nothin but junk so far,and allot of it. Around Old houses,one is 1920 and one at 1938 ,and the last at pre 1900's.

The areas I have hunted for the last 2 years are very good for new money,lots of it too.I'm talking about public areas.But I can't seem to find many old coins.That is why I decided to look around old houses to start this year.

I have found a handfull of new coins at these houses,nothin old yet.Other than that ,I have found hundreds of pieces of junk ranging from pull tabs to large pieces of rusted steel or iron.

Maybe this whining will help me,I've got to be due soon anyhow.

Upvote 0

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Keep digging-- if you want to find treasure, you gotta dig trash. Just remember: a detector in the closet finds nothing but dust! :lol:

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there Flash and don't give up, you will come across a sweet spot and it will evaporate the memory of all the trash. Old coin digging is not for the easily discouraged, just be patient, go slowwwwww, and try and enjoy yourself until you bring up some oldies! Best of LUCK!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread