Not a ton of silver but an old interesting one

halfhunt

Jul 20, 2007
I didn't aquire a ton of silver today. I got 1 90% kennedy 5 40% and a 1952 Australia Florin? Haven't checked into that one yet but thats not the one that was interesting. A small local bank had 3 rolls and the first roll we went through had a weird looking one. I got excited when she said 1844 but it wasn't a USA coin it was something different. I took it to the local coin shop and they identified it as a coin from norway. Their book was probably 10-20 years old but for the condition its in it is worth 25.00 could have been 50 or 100 but someone has scratched it lightly trying to clean something off of it. I can't figure out how it got cashed in, plus hand rolled! I may end up trying to get rid of this coin because its probably worth more for its coin value than its silver value. The book stated it was about 88% silver and something like .4 ounces so that puts it right around a franklin or similar. I will try to find a picture of one online or see if there is a way to upload one from my camera phone. I have a digital camera but can't find the cables plus I have a ton of pics that I need developed.

Upvote 0
Yeah it was pretty exciting considering I have drove through that town thousands of towns and only stopped there once that I can remember to use the atm machine. I will probably hold onto considering its the oldest coin that I currently own. I have found a few unreadable shield nickels in the past and thought that was pretty old.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back