Not bad for $5.00

DTW

Greenie
Oct 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Earlier this week, I found myself in a new area, so I checked out a few banks. No luck in the first three, including one where the teller and I swapped stories of our finds. Last bank, the teller said she had 5.00 in halves, and started to give me grief about not having an account. I used my usual line, of "do you really want to keep counting these every night?" That and my smile plus the line of people behind me must have worked:

19E26BEA-F38D-4A4A-99D5-D0AE49FF6FB1.thumb.jpeg.e8a2e81e896582f45eaca084dacddfaa.jpeg

Someone spent grandpa's stash!

Upvote 18

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Earlier this week, I found myself in a new area, so I checked out a few banks. No luck in the first three, including one where the teller and I swapped stories of our finds. Last bank, the teller said she had 5.00 in halves, and started to give me grief about not having an account. I used my usual line, of "do you really want to keep counting these every night?" That and my smile plus the line of people behind me must have worked:

19E26BEA-F38D-4A4A-99D5-D0AE49FF6FB1.thumb.jpeg.e8a2e81e896582f45eaca084dacddfaa.jpeg

Are you pulling my leg?! All older coins; 100%. Not a Kennedy to be seen. I would have bought all of their quarters and dimes too. They obviously only deal in old coins and aren’t swift enough to recognize them as such. I’d be wondering if I was caught in a time warp if that happened to me. Congrats🤔

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE HAUL !!!
I once went to a bank and wanted to purchase $760 worth of halves. They told me i could not buy them because i did not have an account with them. So i took out another $200 and opened an account and then bought the halves. I think i found $360 worth of halves in them. It seems someone died and someone brought in there coin rolls and turned them in. This happens some times . About a week later i went back and cancelled the savings account :)

Buchsy

Oct 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

Nice score - I found an entire roll of Walkers in a teller's tray once...

Buchsy

Oct 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
NICE HAUL !!!
I once went to a bank and wanted to purchase $760 worth of halves. They told me i could not buy them because i did not have an account with them. So i took out another $200 and opened an account and then bought the halves. I think i found $360 worth of halves in them. It seems someone died and someone brought in there coin rolls and turned them in. This happens some times . About a week later i went back and cancelled the savings account :)
How much were silver?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think 14 rolls were 90 % silver 11 rolls I think were 70% silver . I think . I have 5 or 6 tellers call me when they get a bunch of half dollar rolls in. I buy quite a few some times i am sure i have bought some rolls people have already sorted

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread