not even a newb yet

pacer

Sep 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really want to get into this hobby(addiction) but things keep coming up that stops progress. Family member dying, kids always seem to have some sort of social trauma......etc. Now about a month ago while researching detectors, I had to be rushed to hospital where my heart stopped. I now have a pacemaker and seem to be doing fine. I need to exercise and I am not the one to walk treadmills or exercise bikes because it's just plain boring.
I am asking if anyone knows any people out there using hobby detectors with pacers? The doctors that I worked with for 40 years are not real sure of the magnetic field that these things emit. They tell me that the only problem they really know of is the security handhelds directly over the pacer itself and MRI's. I was just about to purchase a Fisher F2 when all this happened, now I don't want to buy one if it is going to kill me!
Any stories, suggestions or comments would be greatly and eagerly received.

THX

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You didn't mention your state (or country) - but you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from florida.Talk with the imaging people that do the mri's they maybe able to help you.Good luck.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never heard of detectors being a problem with pacemakers but I'm certainly no expert in that area. Detectors mainly send and receive a frequency to locate a target. There isn't anything "magnetic" about it.

smalltowngirl13

Gold Member
Aug 1, 2012
Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Hopefully you are able to find some answers so you can pursue treasure hunting...

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome. There's always gold prospecting instead of detecting.
If your worried or unsure grab a pan and shovel instead.
Plenty of exercise, tons of fun, always learning new things, challenging and rewarding.
Take it easy out there but good luck!

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! I wouldn't recommend you run a detector coil over your pacemaker! Swinging one on the ground should be OK, but check with your doctor. There should be some pacemaker wearing people on here that can enlighten us.

Wayne

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread