Not gold but its heavy

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,237
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,242
Upvote 0
I found this 8 pound bar in michigan

HH
-GC

Attachments

• IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1281.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,142
Old lead goes for a pretty penny these days. Newer lead is mixed with impurities.

Not gold but sure thought it was at first.

Found this near my shop in Kalamazoo, Mich. Sure was a heart stopper when it came out of the ground. Found out later building was a brass foundry. Found this and a casting sprue.

HH Steve

Attachments

• Brass Nugget Resized.jpg
    Brass Nugget Resized.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 967
That's pretty cool. I lived in Sturgis, south of Kzoo for a few years. I've also been around to a lot of the founderies in Western Michigan. Before I left and moved to Ireland, I was a castings buyer for General Motors. I'd love to detect around some of the really old foundries, I've done a lot of detecting around old lime kilns here in Ireland and I always find some big chunks of slag. It isn't worth anything, I just think they're cool. That slag you found looks like brass, what does it weigh?

DJ_Quinn said:
That's pretty cool. I lived in Sturgis, south of Kzoo for a few years. I've also been around to a lot of the founderies in Western Michigan. Before I left and moved to Ireland, I was a castings buyer for General Motors. I'd love to detect around some of the really old foundries, I've done a lot of detecting around old lime kilns here in Ireland and I always find some big chunks of slag. It isn't worth anything, I just think they're cool. That slag you found looks like brass, what does it weigh?
I think you met the question for some one else i didnt find any slag the other posting guy did.
Rick mine are 3 bars of lead turns out to be from around 1800

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back