What's new

Not Lonely Anymore

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
10,082
Reaction score
17,067
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I went out last night to an older house site. I have hunted there before, but did not find much. In the past the grass has been tall, but was freshly cut yesterday.

I started off with a couple of nice sounding fishing weights... quickly followed by a wheat cent. Then I got a perfect high tone, and out pops an extremely lonely mercury dime, it was the only silver coin on the entire site! I felt bad for the little fellow, so I took him home with me... and he isn't lonely anymore! YTD silver coins: 24

I also got a '53 dog tag, but busted it up getting it out from under a root.

Thanks for looking and best of luck on your hunts!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160601_213833_726-2.webp
    IMG_20160601_213833_726-2.webp
    310.1 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_20160601_195013_662.webp
    IMG_20160601_195013_662.webp
    705.1 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Upvote 74
Congratz Tom! The dog tag is pretty cool and I always love seeing silver! Looks like she wasn't too deep! :tongue3:
 
Congrats on pulling those keepers, especially the Merc. :occasion14: I believe my oldest dog tag is from the early 1960's, I'd sure love to dig older ones.

Looking forward to digging with the Carolina silver slayers later this month.
 
Congrats on pulling those keepers, especially the Merc. :occasion14: I believe my oldest dog tag is from the early 1960's, I'd sure love to dig older ones.

Looking forward to digging with the Carolina silver slayers later this month.

Thanks LD. I look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. Hopefully we can rescue some lonely silver coins! Or dog tags...
 
I like the pic of the merc and nice dog tag
 
Nice finds. We to the park today grounds so dang hard can't dig past 2" and alot of can slaw everywhere smh

Keep swinging my friends!
 
Congrats on your Merc - wheatie & other finds and thanks for sharing your pictures and story with us. I wish you many more while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED
 
Nice job Tom very cool dog tag...
 
Dog tag is the best find here! Pretty cool looking!
 
Nice Merc and relics from the same time period! :treasurechest::thumbsup:
 
Nice hunt! No beautiful silver lady should be left in the dirt, congratulations!
 
Nice digs there tom!, love the old tag, theyre always cool to find, good job on the silver!
 
Nice Merc man! Hopefully that silver wasn't too lonely and had some friends nearby. I still haven't found one this year yet.
 
One year older and she woulda been a he. Grats, Tom.
 
Nice hunt.
I hate those damn roots sometimes. They're always RIGHT in the way.
It never fails.
 
Fine mercury shes a 10 for sure. Good job!!!
 
Smashing finds there ol' chap! Cheerio!
 
Nice finds...I have yet to find a Merc!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom