What's new

Not Lonely Anymore

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
10,082
Reaction score
17,067
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I went out last night to an older house site. I have hunted there before, but did not find much. In the past the grass has been tall, but was freshly cut yesterday.

I started off with a couple of nice sounding fishing weights... quickly followed by a wheat cent. Then I got a perfect high tone, and out pops an extremely lonely mercury dime, it was the only silver coin on the entire site! I felt bad for the little fellow, so I took him home with me... and he isn't lonely anymore! YTD silver coins: 24

I also got a '53 dog tag, but busted it up getting it out from under a root.

Thanks for looking and best of luck on your hunts!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160601_213833_726-2.webp
    IMG_20160601_213833_726-2.webp
    310.1 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_20160601_195013_662.webp
    IMG_20160601_195013_662.webp
    705.1 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Upvote 74
Did you adopt the merc or are you just fostering it until you find a good home for it? The pic makes it look like a surface find?
 
Did you adopt the merc or are you just fostering it until you find a good home for it? The pic makes it look like a surface find?

Oh, I'm keeping it... that Merc has a "forever home" now! The coin was about 4" or 5" down, but I see what you mean about it looking shallow.
 
nice hope you find his buddys.
 
Nice finds Tom. I like that '53 dog tag.
 
Those fishing weights sure sound nice especially when there are no other good sounds!
Nice work saving that poor lonely Merc now she is with her sisters!
 
Sweet merc and tag! Congrats!
You are a knight in shinning armor saving all those Mercs!

I have had to leave a target that was under a darn root in a park...too many people around to dig a proper hole to retreive it.
 
Nice hunt!! Saved that lonely merc and found a Sweet ole dog tag!! Love finding the old dog tags.
I found myself an old dog tag the other day too, a 1953. Lol
 
Nice digs tom, happy to see your out swinging.
A nice mix of finds.
By the way Scott says hi
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom