What's new

Not Much to Go On!

OutBack Duo

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
925
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is it? I found this at a very old farm house in upstate New York. At first people suggested it was a button but there is no dimple on the back to attach it. I am still in the process of cleaning this so there might not be enough detail for anyone to make an identification but I thought I would try.

The pictures are front and back (I can't make out any details on the back side). It is about the size of a quarter and made of copper.

Thanks for looking!

Don
 

Attachments

  • coin111.webp
    coin111.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 212
  • coin222.webp
    coin222.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 211
OutBack Duo said:
Iron Patch said:
Yep, that's a button.

how would you attach it?


There was a shank, just broken and the remains can not be seen because of the dug condition. (It ciould have broken 150+ years ago)
 
Upvote 0
There actually does look like one round oval spot in the middle where the shank was probably attached.
 
Upvote 0
here are hopefully some better pictures.
 

Attachments

  • button2.webp
    button2.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 211
  • button3.webp
    button3.webp
    42.2 KB · Views: 208
  • button1.webp
    button1.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 201
Upvote 0
OutBack Duo said:
here are hopefully some better pictures.



Here's a similar one.
 

Attachments

  • 1_b57fbca3baa644deb634a7ad1f1305fa.webp
    1_b57fbca3baa644deb634a7ad1f1305fa.webp
    5.3 KB · Views: 173
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom