What's new

Not Much To Post About Lately, But............

LJ

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did get a good one yesterday. I picked up four boxes from a bank that I don't have an account with. They will order for me anytime I want them but I only get them about twice a month from this particular bank because they are kinda far out (logistically) of my normal route/schedule.

I always look through the holes in the top of the box when I first get them.......kinda like a Christmas present....trying to get an idea of what is in store for me....ha!

Well I saw silver through the holes in one of the boxes. I flipped it and saw the date....now this surprised me......it was dated 5-13-08. This bank called me on 5-14-08 and told me the boxes were in. I have never picked up a box that was dated so close to my pickup like that before. There was a total of 10 rolls showing silver so I knew it was going to be a fun box.

Two were dated April 2008 (skunks) and one was undated (2 90% Kennedy's). I also checked a box of dime and pulled one silver Rosie.

My normal pickups have been real bad lately......real bad! So this one box was pretty exciting for me....lol.

Anyway, the totals............

2-64's
5-65's
6-66's
22-67's
20-68's
10-69's
1-Rosie 47

65 Keepers

Also found an 82-P (no FG). I have found probably 15 or so of these 'No FG's' and everyone is an 82-P. I can't figure out why I don't find an 83 or 90.
 

Attachments

  • P4120019.webp
    P4120019.webp
    64.6 KB · Views: 400
  • P4120021.webp
    P4120021.webp
    39.9 KB · Views: 387
Upvote 0
Hey LJ,

I'd be stoked.... pretty good score.

Not much in my neck of the woods lately. The closest bank is 11 miles from the house, the next four are 20 miles away. I feel your "logistical pain"...

My close bank will order four boxes for me when the vault teller orders for the bank, but doesn't do it every week. The others either won't order, or their boxes have been total skunks lately (CWI boxes).

NO hand rolls lately ~ think I got 'em all. Get a few singles from tellers time-to-time.

Keep at it - they be silver still out there.

Robin
 
LJ, only you are able to find silver dimes in boxes of halves. You still continue to amaze. Jim
 
coolpix9 you misread, she pulled that one out of a dime box ... she is pretty amazing though.

That's a great score LJ. I'd kill for a box like that lately. That's definitely the closet stamp to pickup date I've heard of (yesterday I got 10 boxes of 5/2/08 and thought I was close to the date).

Brian
 
Awesome score LJ! :o Good to see boxes loaded like that these days.
Motor on! 8)

Red
 
Good for you LJ. Your date stamp beat ME by one day- I had a couple 5-12 boxes yesterday, also had one from April 06- had high hopes on that one but my silver wasn't as concentrated. Congrats and HH Mark
 
Haven't seen a box like that in a long time.
Congrats!!
 
I personally went through four 05-13-08 boxes and they were all skunks. Of course mine most likely came from a different CWI location (#04).
 
Congrats on the nice box LJ! I've wondered about the 83's and 90's as well :icon_scratch:.. The Cherrypickers guide only lists the 72d for "missing designers initials". No mention of the 82 (although I have several), and no mention of 83 or 90(I have none). I'm not sure what the answer is. Maybe some of the more knowledgeable numismatists on here will give us some help! Good luck and HH, Gpurs...
 
Great find LeJeuene

I see you were getting desperate and tapped into a dime box LOL :icon_jokercolor:

You must know the silver God's weren't gonna keep you waiting too long. 65 keepers is huge..... :thumbsup:

Congratulations. LeJeuene

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom