Not old, but useful finds

Foiled Again

Oct 30, 2006
Thunder Bay Ontario
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Explorer SE Pro
Hello all:

Continuing to go through my piles of finds from last year. I came across these things I had forgotten about altogether. Not old but maybe useful and always fun to find.

Guess what this first one is. I spent a lot of time on the Web looking to identify it. I could have just shown my wife who knew what it was right away.

Grinder.JPG

It is an Herb Grinder. You can see the working parts in the next picture. I found it beside a swimming hole in a river so doubtful that a gourmet cook was using it there. You can probably guess what kind of herb was being ground up at that location. ;D

multitool.JPG

The multi-purpose tool was found first thing this spring right on top of the ground in some longer grass at a campground. Not much rust on it as it was still in the case. It probably only spent one winter on the ground.

Next are 3 other finds I made really early in the spring. The flashlight was the only one that was underground, the watch being an eyeball find and the knife was right on top of the sand at a beach. The watch is a Levi's with a compass and lots of functions. Still running and keeping time. Think I'll start using it on my detecting expeditions. Flashlight still works too.

watchflashjack.JPG

Waiting for the camera battery to charge up and then I will get back to photographing some more stuff.

Happy Hunting

Foiled Again

P

pippinwhitepaws

the first item is a pot shredder...sold in calif head shops...i believe they are made up in willits, calif.

Eddie Lomax

May 10, 2008
Central South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Machines- Metal Detecting, Privy Digging, Arrowheads, Prospecting, Catfishing, Harley Riding
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pippinwhitepaws said:
the first item is a pot shredder...sold in calif head shops...i believe they are made up in willits, calif.

Agree. It's an herb grinder. It's a grinder for the evil herb , marijuana. Lots of convenience stores sell these for about 5 bucks.

S

seger98

Neat finds, I wouldn't have had a clue what the grinder was used for! :icon_scratch:

Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread