InTheWoods
Full Member
I don't post here much anymore but I thought today's finds were post worthy.
The day started off well enough, after rolling $680.00 in quarters from the last couple years of metal detecting I was off to the bank to cash in. Well after cashing in the loot, three different tellers start bringing me halves (they obviously know me), one of them says "I don't know if you want these because somebody already pulled out the 100% silver ones" of course I took all 16 40%'s and said I'll take them anyway
So I was off to the next bank to pick up my 4 boxes for the day. I open the boxes at the bank to make sure they're all there and I see a beautiful Franklin looking right at me! I couldn't wait to get into these boxes so I tested a few rolls and the box looked promising. One box only had 3 40's but the other three boxes were very good including 4 1970 D, 14 Franklin's, 14 1964, 45 40%'s, 1 1987 S proof and a 1990 S proof. About half of the Franklin's and 1964's looked to be proof quality although it's very hard to see in the pictures. This has been a strange month, a couple weeks ago I hit it big with 4 boxes totaling 604 40%'s and 2 90%'s. Definitely a great way to start the year! Thanks for looking!!
HH Mark
The day started off well enough, after rolling $680.00 in quarters from the last couple years of metal detecting I was off to the bank to cash in. Well after cashing in the loot, three different tellers start bringing me halves (they obviously know me), one of them says "I don't know if you want these because somebody already pulled out the 100% silver ones" of course I took all 16 40%'s and said I'll take them anyway

So I was off to the next bank to pick up my 4 boxes for the day. I open the boxes at the bank to make sure they're all there and I see a beautiful Franklin looking right at me! I couldn't wait to get into these boxes so I tested a few rolls and the box looked promising. One box only had 3 40's but the other three boxes were very good including 4 1970 D, 14 Franklin's, 14 1964, 45 40%'s, 1 1987 S proof and a 1990 S proof. About half of the Franklin's and 1964's looked to be proof quality although it's very hard to see in the pictures. This has been a strange month, a couple weeks ago I hit it big with 4 boxes totaling 604 40%'s and 2 90%'s. Definitely a great way to start the year! Thanks for looking!!
HH Mark
Upvote
0
Nice finds 
This is a great hobby and I think there is plenty of silver to go around. I notice there are a lot of new hunters out there, but I've watched them come and go over the last couple of years with very few that keep posting or stay with the hobby.








