Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember links to other treasure websites are not allowed. If website allows comments then no links to it.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
as some think here... they need to drop their fantasies about Leprechauns and Unicorns and get a book of reality and slap them self!
Believe as you do but don't get sooooo butt hurt if others don't.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion be it treasure or farce. We all watch and post be it for entertainment, debate or just something to do. See, debate. Post up some proof if you are POSITIVE of your beliefs otherwise they are beliefs, same as disbelief's. :dontknow:

Sorry, wrong thread. But lets get real and say the only people digging that deep are the people looking for treasure and then, more money to keep looking for treasure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rock22

Sep 9, 2013
Erie Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I continue to watch the Oak Island show. I really wish they would devote one half episode as to how they think anyone with a wooden shovel could dig that deep and then booby trap it as well as digging out a cavern to build a vault for these treasures. Like I said before, I really like the brothers and guys on the show and I am rooting for them but why on earth would anyone bury something so deep and how would you ever get it back if you wanted too? I really believe nothing ever will be found. Nothing in terms of priceless historic artifacts.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Are You Saying...Only Pennsylvania...Was Capable of Digging Tunnels...In 18th Century

I continue to watch the Oak Island show. I really wish they would devote one half episode as to how they think anyone with a wooden shovel could dig that deep and then booby trap it as well as digging out a cavern to build a vault for these treasures. Like I said before, I really like the brothers and guys on the show and I am rooting for them but why on earth would anyone bury something so deep and how would you ever get it back if you wanted too? I really believe nothing ever will be found. Nothing in terms of priceless historic artifacts.

Miner.jpg

One of the earliest mentions that coal might be found in the Pennsylvania area dates back to 1698, when Gabriel Thomas wrote an account dedicated to William Penn. He notes the possibility of coal because the running water had the same coloring as the water in the coalmines in Wales. The actual presence of coal is first recorded on a map made in 1753 by John Pattin, an Indian trader, although it is possible he did not detect the coal first hand, but rather heard about it from other traders. Soon after, in 1754, George Washington led an expedition across the Allegheny Mountains, and his second-in-command wrote a letter detailing an abundance of natural luxuries including coal in the western region of Pennsylvania. Then in 1761, the first actual Pennsylvania coalmine is recorded on the “Plan of Fort Pitts and Parts Adjacent” map. The bituminous mine was located in Fort Pitt near the top of Coal Hill, which is now downtown Pittsburgh. Anthracite coal was first found in 1762, and then was used for the first time around 1769 by Obadiah Gore and his brother in their blacksmith shop in Wilkes-Barre. However, coal usage was generally restricted to local consumption need until the industry began to expand at the turn of the 19th century.

The first discovery of the anthracite coal occurred in 1762, and the first mine was established in 1775 near Pittston, Pennsylvania. In 1791 Anthracite was discovered by a hunter atop Pisgah Ridge, and by 1792 the Lehigh Coal Mining Company began producing and shipping coal to Philadelphia via Mauch Chunk from the Southern Anthracite Field and Summit Hill, Pennsylvania, built atop the line between Schuylkill County and what would be renamed Carbon County.

Luckily the Oak Island Depositors in 1700s used the best miners known in the World...Cornish Tin Miners...Born and Bred for this Job!

Cornish Tin Miner.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I do believe the pit is a decoy.Why bury an immense treasure and leave a clue to what's buried further down except to goad the diggers to waste more time trying to recover what isn't there.Lmao.The treasure is some place else.Obvious clues left are a distraction.If you don't want something found,you don't leave clues to it being there.:laughing7:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Your Questions...Solve...Your Own Puzzle!

I do believe the pit is a decoy.Why bury an immense treasure and leave a clue to what's buried further down except to goad the diggers to waste more time trying to recover what isn't there.Lmao.The treasure is some place else.Obvious clues left are a distraction.If you don't want something found,you don't leave clues to it being there.:laughing7:

If you don't want something found said:
Unless the clues left...are just a Ruse...to where the Treasure...is... Not Located.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Luckily the Oak Island Depositors in 1700s used the best miners known in the World...Cornish Tin Miners...Born and Bred for this Job!

I'll mail you a crisp $1 bill if you can prove that.

And I'd bet another $1 the Cornish Tin Miners came back the next year with a Portugese ship and cleaned out anything that was buried; because they were not stupid.

But I'm confident the first didn't happen and neither did the second.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo

You and I are going to bury a treasure because we don't want anyone to find it. Which strategy makes more sense?

A. Bury it in one place and leave a decoy in another to get robbers digging in the wrong place, or...

B. Bury it and leave no evidence that anything had been buried, thereby not giving robbers a reason to go digging in the first place.

There are any number of cache recovery stories out there, both large and small. How many of the people hiding the caches opted for A? I'd argue strongly for B myself, but I find it more enlightening to see just how many other people made the same choice. Knowing what we now know, if we had buried our treasure on Oak Island using option A, would you consider it to have been a wise decision? Might option B have made more sense? It certainly would've been kinder to the island.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
A Bet!...1...Canadian Dollar!...Your On!

I'll mail you a crisp $1 bill if you can prove that.

And I'd bet another $1 the Cornish Tin Miners came back the next year with a Portugese ship and cleaned out anything that was buried; because they were not stupid.

But I'm confident the first didn't happen and neither did the second.

The Paper Dollar is almost as rare as...Oak Island!

But I have One!...Do You?

Canadian Dollar.jpg

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are digging hundreds of feet into an island that is maybe 50' above sea level. Flood tunnel booby traps are not required.

Yes! I guess, with all their consulting of so many "experts" in treasure, history and antiquities, the one expert they forgot to consult was a hydrologist! Anyone who lives near a lake, river or ocean knows this, go near a body of water and begin digging down, once you hit the level of the body of water, you'll have water seeping into your hole. They even have repeatedly reported hitting various voids when drilling and have even sent divers down into one of the voids! That ground there isn't solid, that is clear! Hate to say it, but booby traps aren't the reason theres water in every hole they drill...

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Paper Dollar is almost as rare as...Oak Island!

But I have One!...Do You?

View attachment 1541691

I do. Ottawa mint 1954 series. I give Canada credit for doing such fine work without electricity. ;-)

I have some US currency, too.
CCI_000001 (2).jpg

Last edited:

cutty

Sep 8, 2004
SE tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody can truly explain how the pyramids were built either but there they are!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nobody can truly explain how the pyramids were built either but there they are!

Guys piled rocks on top of one another.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
as far as tunnels go , look around the globe there are MANY tunnels with m iles and miles of tunnels....just sayin

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If all you read is 50 yr old encyclopedias, ancient astronaut websites, and Graham Hancock books - then yes, we have no idea how the ancients built megaliths and monuments.

Archeology is a science however, and constant research and digs routinely uncover new evidence that expands our understanding of man's past achievements. We now have pretty firm ideas on how Ancient Eqypt's pyramids were built; not least of which the builders painted hieroglyphs of their construction. One of the latest major discoveries is a diary recorded on papyri by one of the guys in charge of building The Great Pyramid. It details the massive excavation of natural resources and engineering required to construct the massive tomb.

Fascinating article about the discovery of the diary and construction logs. Note: article is quite long and has several "ads" that may cause the page to load painfully slow on mobile !

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/hist...ng-mining-farming-economy-pyramids-180956619/

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crane companies now say they couldnt do that job

I'm not surprised. There's not currently a lot of call for gigantic unframed stone structures so they don't have the right equipment. And the cost of union labor would be astronomical. Probably the environmental impact permit would be denied as well.

For that matter - can a company anywhere in the USA cast a single piece 200" glass mirror like used on the 1948 Hale Telescope? Probably not - but that's because we have other methods that made it obsolete.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread