• mail2.jpg
    mail2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 928

jrsherman

Oct 15, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, F75, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Etrac
Not really sure what it is, but it looks really neat! Hope someone can ID it for you!

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
dustintimmons_83 said:
yea I found it where they find dinosaur bones,megladon teeth,and trilobites quite often.

Really!? Do you suppose that the "megladons" grabbed the dinosaurs as they were swimming island-to-island? Maybe the trilobites scavenged any remains?

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIBa/Tesoro Cibola
Harry how did you become such a sarcastic pos? Every time I see one of your coments I cringe! You must be way over educated or just very short.

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
buzzgator said:
Harry how did you become such a sarcastic pos? Every time I see one of your coments I cringe! You must be way over educated or just very short.

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”
---Plato (428 BC-348 BC)

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Then please go back and read your reply to dustin! Or do you just quote Plato to prove you can read?

Solius Symbiosus

Aug 4, 2009
Harry Pristis said:
dustintimmons_83 said:
yea I found it where they find dinosaur bones,megladon teeth,and trilobites quite often.

Really!? Do you suppose that the "megladons" grabbed the dinosaurs as they were swimming island-to-island? Maybe the trilobites scavenged any remains?

LOL. For those that are clueless; terrestrial and marine fossils don't mix. And trilobites became extinct at the end of the Permian... millions of years before the appearance of, either, Megs or Dinos. Just as one doesn't find Megalodon teeth and dinosaur remains together, one doesn't find trilobite remains with either of them.

Harry Pristis said:
buzzgator said:

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”
---Plato (428 BC-348 BC)

Though, more a student of the objective teachings of Aristotle, I am stealing that, Harry.

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
So you say you wont find marine and dino fossils together? Thats strange so I guess with erosion and such different layers wouldnt mix. I have several marine fossils yet 3 miles down the road is the home of the famous Mo dino! Wow I bow to ur superior wisdom!

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
buzzgator said:
So you say you wont find marine and dino fossils together? Thats strange so I guess with erosion and such different layers wouldnt mix. I have several marine fossils yet 3 miles down the road is the home of the famous Mo dino! Wow I bow to ur superior wisdom!
We are suffering from an imprecision of language here.

The occasional dinosaur (or land mammal) fossil is found in otherwise marine strata. These are thought to be "floaters" -- bloated carcasses carried by rivers out to sea. The vertebrate fossils are always of the same age as the marine deposits in which they are directly buried.

There are no dinosaurs buried in this manner in trilobite-bearing strata because these taxa are separated by time and a huge extinction event at the end of the Permian.

For the same reasons (but different times), there are no C. megalodon remains directly buried with dinosaurs or trilobites.

There is a big difference between "in association with" and "in proximity to." The former has time limits and other geological and paleobiological tests; the latter has no limits.

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harry Pristis said:
buzzgator said:

The occasional dinosaur (or land mammal) fossil is found in otherwise marine strata. These are thought to be "floaters" -- bloated carcasses carried by rivers out to sea. The vertebrate fossils are always of the same age as the marine deposits in which they are directly buried.

There are no dinosaurs buried in this manner in trilobite-bearing strata because these taxa are separated by time and a huge extinction event at the end of the Permian.

For the same reasons (but different times), there are no C. megalodon remains directly buried with dinosaurs or trilobites.

There is a big difference between "in association with" and "in proximity to." The former has time limits and other geological and paleobiological tests; the latter has no limits.
yep that's true BUT there was still no need for you to be such an ahole when answering the original poster.

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida

yep that's true BUT there was still no need for you to be such an ahole when answering the original poster.

Ahhh . . . I could have provided the explanation above to begin with, I suppose. But, I like to challenge improbable assertions . . . to poke a little fun sometimes. Such a challenge can provoke elaboration, some good discussion. But, sometimes, it just draws dimwits out of their lurker status. Oh, well.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
So was this mineral an animal or a vegetable?

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
So harry by your own addmission your comments purpose was to provoke not educate? Was the original posters statement false? You and another have stated that marine/dino/trilo are not found together in the same strata and to my understanding that was never stated by either of us ?dimwits? my issue with you is you could have educated but instead you choose to belittle. I salute you for being the king of pos!

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buzzgator said:
So harry by your own addmission your comments purpose was to provoke not educate? Was the original posters statement false? You and another have stated that marine/dino/trilo are not found together in the same strata and to my understanding that was never stated by either of us ?dimwits? my issue with you is you could have educated but instead you choose to belittle. I salute you for being the king of pos!

And I second the salute!!

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Okaaay! We're having fun now!

Did I say "dimwits"? Sorry, I meant to say halfwits. But, of course, there are no halfwits in this forum. You do see 'em on other forums, though.

You know a halfwit as soon as he speaks up. He engages in name-calling and invective, ostensibly done to correct some breach of good manners. The irony is lost on him.

A halfwit's attack adds nothing of substance to the thread; it is done for oneupmanship -- to put someone else in his place.

A halfwit will come to the defense of the right to make witless posts. Like some superhero - "Captain Duh" - he will swoop in to announce that ignorance is the right of every American!

And, he will come to any ensuing battle of wits only half-prepared.

Have you seen anyone doing that?

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Lmao what it took you 2 days to come up with that? Substance? Lets see your first comment was full of substance! How long did it take your halfwit/dimwited self to figure out that you really are a POS? You have contradicted yourself with every comment and continue to make yourself look like an ahole. Sorry if I hurt your feelings by pointing out your faults or was it the fact that you showed your true self in front of this entire forum? No matter I am done conversing with you as you seem to have a monopoly on ignorance and you bore me.

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
buzzgator said:
Lmao what it took you 2 days to come up with that? Substance? Lets see your first comment was full of substance! How long did it take your halfwit/dimwited self to figure out that you really are a POS? You have contradicted yourself with every comment and continue to make yourself look like an ahole. Sorry if I hurt your feelings by pointing out your faults or was it the fact that you showed your true self in front of this entire forum? No matter I am done conversing with you as you seem to have a monopoly on ignorance and you bore me.

Perfect! I rest my case! :wave:

tncreeker

Feb 6, 2011
Maggie Valley, N.C.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
GEEEEEEEEZZZZ you guys,,,He was just trying to find out what kinda rock he had. Did any of the "Experts" have an answer? I`m just a quarter wit,,,but i do have manners.

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
I honestly dont know what he has but i do know i dont have a sarcastic smart ass reply for the guy! Unlike someone else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread