Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aloha

Coool find !!!! :hello:
Did you find this west or east of Grand Junction? Near Rifle? Debeque? Mack? I have found pieces similar to yours... one piece was very like yours and was identified as the marrow portion of a dinosaur bone... (type of dino was not ID'd) Marrow of 'dinny' bone has a larger cell structure than 'bone' dinny done... and many times is rather whitish or bluish though i do have some that is pinkish and red. I have found some like this near Grand Junction (near Dinosaur Hill). hope you can get it ID'd :icon_thumright:

Oh, the bluish white pice on the left in image #2 looks like chalcedony replacement. (A healed fracture after the bone fossilized)

I am going to have to agree with "Gecko", it looks quite similar to the inner cell structure of fossilized bone, and it also resembles the fossilized palm wood that "Gator's" photo suggest. But my question for Dustin is, have you found other definable shaped fossilized bone or fossilized palm wood in the immediate area as the piece in question? This may establish if it is fossilized bone or palm wood as "Gator'' stated.

OP
OP
dustintimmons_83

dustintimmons_83

Oct 25, 2007
west central illinois
Old digger, I found it while living in grand junction.. I only lived there for about 4 months and haven't been back since.. That's been about 5 years ago. So I really haven't found anything similar to it, probably because I live in Illinois now, and never searched a whole lot out there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread