Not sure about these.....junk or not?

cadman68

Greenie
Jan 22, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Silver uMax
The little lead ball has nice patina thought it was a fishing sinker at first but after cleaning it up some im sure its not....any ideas?

4-6-2012 back yard 2.jpg

Iron hook of some sort, possibly just farmers junk but i thought id post it anyway in case someone knows its exact use. Approx, 2 inches long with no makers mark that i can find.

4-6-2012 back yard 1.jpg

wvwraith

Greenie
Apr 1, 2012
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could possibly be a musket ball. Do you know if the area you hunted in has any military history or possible encampments?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
cadman68

cadman68

Greenie
Jan 22, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Silver uMax
yes it does wraith....civil war skirmishes in the area throughout the war, i have found one other bullet but not of this type the other one was a fired three ring. This was found only about 50 feet from the fired one actually. I thought it too small to be a bullet, i suppose it could have been from a pistol of some sort? its about the size of your standard clamp type fishing sinker, maybe 3 times the size of a bb.

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it's 1/3 the width of a dime I'd guess buckshot instead of musket ball. They'd be more dime diameter.

Upvote 0

wvwraith

Greenie
Apr 1, 2012
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know with some of the confederate muskets they used buck and ball. Was thinking it could be a pistol bullet too. Nice find though!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread