Not sure about this? Sign of some kind.

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Found by family member years ago, don't know where exactly. Sure wish I did.
This may be just some old timer carving his initials, but a long time ago. There are x's around the entire perimeter of this small slab. That would seem ordinary enough a border of some kind. But then an X after each initial??? Probably nothing, but this is not modern work. Very curious to me.

dsc00592j.jpg

What are the initials? FEJ? I'm not sure, or is the first one an old fashioned S? What do you think?

jimmyvegas

Sep 19, 2004
Las Vegas
Bravo,

it looks like a ducks head on the right side of the carving. That is definately Jesuit, do you know where it came from?

OP
OP
bravowhiskey

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Sorry guys,

Where, died with my DIL in 1996. Found it in his shop when cleaning. Know absolutely nothing about it. His folks also picked stuff up. So who knows. Too many questions, too few answers. As far as the ducks head just a fluke, it was just a flake of the rock that came off. The back side is similar in that respect. This little piece with the initials is about 6"X4"X1/2". I just posed it atop of the piece of sandstone.

Thanks for your interest,
BW

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear bravowhiskey:
Trust me, my friend, if I had found that stone, I would have wet my myself with excitement and anticipation! What you have is the find of a lifetime! The carving is definitely Jesuit, however, it's not your typical Jesuit marker, my friend. No sir! What you have in your possession is a genuine Jesuit Treasure Stone and if I were you, I would keep it's location VERY secret! That particular stone does not mark a trail so to speak, rather it marks were the actual trasure lies hidden at!

That's correct my friend, directly underneath where that stone was removed from lies a hoard of unspeakable wealth, if someone has not already discovered and removed it. From the carving on the stone, I would state offhandedly that that hidden cache consists of no less than 2/3 silver and no more than 1/3 gold. Most likely it is a 75-25% mixture or even closer to a 80-20% mix of the two, with silver being the predominate part of the cache.

I've been fortunate enough to view two of these Jesuit Treasure Stones in my lifetime and the folks who located the stones became fabously wealthy and they kept the stones as souvienirs of their fortunes. And now, to translate the secret meaning of the stone.

First, the Xs around the periphery of the stone are not actually Xs at all, rather they are crosses lying sideways and because they are lying sideways, this denotes that the bulk of the treasure trive consists mainly of silver. Each sudeways cross roughly represents about 14 troy POUNDS of silver and if the crosses went around the entire border of the stone, then this would signify a sizeable trove indeed. A 3/4 ton truck with overload rear springs would be the order of the day, I should think!

Next, are the initials carved in the center of the stone, which everyone thinks represents F.E.J. Wrong-o!!! The initials are coine Greek, my friends! The first letter is a Gamma, followed by an Epislon and lastly a Tau. In English, the initials would represent G-E-T, and together they mean Gloria Et Thesaurus, which when translated into English means GLORY AND TREASURE!

This was the motto of a very special group of Jesuit monks and it was because of this rather unique group of individulas that the Jesuits soon became known as the "Papal Elite Troops". The monks were hand selected and kept in the utmost secrecy, to the point where even their immediate superiors did not know the true task of these Papal soldiers.

When the Pope snapped His fingers, you could be sure that someone, somehwere in the world, was in for a whole lot of hurt. This particular group of Jesuits were deadly ernest about their jobs and they performed their labor with the ytmost attention to detail and they obeyed orders to the letter. They were the Vatican Assassination Squads and it has been surmised that our modern elite forces were modelled after these almost unknown warriors.

They always travelled under Papal orders and they were sent to the far reaches of Christianity to quell problems whenever and wherever they arose. Once deployed, they would carry out their assigned task and upon completion they would take all of the valuables they could lay their hands on. Once the treasure was secured they would most generally ride for the nearest coast where a ship would be lying in wait, usually just out of sight of land, awaiting for a signal. If the Papal troops did not make their intended rendevous, the ship would depart and return once more at a later, pre-determined date.

If the Jesuit hit squad in question needed to secret the treasure trove while enroute, they would do so according to a strictly defined set of codes and symbols. Among these codes were trail markers, however the markers would only lead one into the general vicinity of the trove. After arriving in the general vicinity, the recovery team would perform a yard by yard search of the terrain until they had located the actual treasure marker, just like the one shown in the above photo.

After locating the marker they merely had to dig up the treasure and continue to travel to a pre-determined port-of-call where the treasure would be sent by ship to Corsica, which was a Catholic stronghold. Owing to the remoteness of the island, the activities there could be carried out in relative secrecy without arousing the suspicions of foreign governments, such as jolly ol' England, which was famous for having her spies behind every tree and bush in Europe.

Once the trove was safely in Corsica, it would be stored in one of several castles until such time as it could be once again transported, this time to one of the many Vatican controlled banks throughout Europe, where it was distributed and put to work in the form of loans and capitol financing, thus arousing no suspicions.

The marker is obviously one from which an unrecovered treasure is located at. As a hard and fast rule, once the Vatican Recovery Team successfully recovered a trove, they took great pains to ensure that all signs and markers were properly destroyed, in order to conceal the evidence of their deeds.

Congratulations on your exciting find, my friend!
Your friend;
LAMAR

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o :o :o Wow that stone has to be fairly valuable just by itself, even if you never find out where it came from originally.

Hope you are good at discrete detective work, maybe someone in the family has an idea where it was found. Maybe a map exists. Is that a common rock or only found in a certain area? :icon_scratch:

Hope you find out where it came from, and if you do, SHhhhhhhhh.

GG~

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
lamar said:
Dear bravowhiskey:
Trust me, my friend, if I had found that stone, I would have wet my myself with excitement and anticipation! What you have is the find of a lifetime! The carving is definitely Jesuit, however, it's not your typical Jesuit marker, my friend. No sir! What you have in your possession is a genuine Jesuit Treasure Stone and if I were you, I would keep it's location VERY secret! That particular stone does not mark a trail so to speak, rather it marks were the actual trasure lies hidden at!

That's correct my friend, directly underneath where that stone was removed from lies a hoard of unspeakable wealth, if someone has not already discovered and removed it. From the carving on the stone, I would state offhandedly that that hidden cache consists of no less than 2/3 silver and no more than 1/3 gold. Most likely it is a 75-25% mixture or even closer to a 80-20% mix of the two, with silver being the predominate part of the cache.

I've been fortunate enough to view two of these Jesuit Treasure Stones in my lifetime and the folks who located the stones became fabously wealthy and they kept the stones as souvienirs of their fortunes. And now, to translate the secret meaning of the stone.

First, the Xs around the periphery of the stone are not actually Xs at all, rather they are crosses lying sideways and because they are lying sideways, this denotes that the bulk of the treasure trive consists mainly of silver. Each sudeways cross roughly represents about 14 troy POUNDS of silver and if the crosses went around the entire border of the stone, then this would signify a sizeable trove indeed. A 3/4 ton truck with overload rear springs would be the order of the day, I should think!

Next, are the initials carved in the center of the stone, which everyone thinks represents F.E.J. Wrong-o!!! The initials are coine Greek, my friends! The first letter is a Gamma, followed by an Epislon and lastly a Tau. In English, the initials would represent G-E-T, and together they mean Gloria Et Thesaurus, which when translated into English means GLORY AND TREASURE!

This was the motto of a very special group of Jesuit monks and it was because of this rather unique group of individulas that the Jesuits soon became known as the "Papal Elite Troops". The monks were hand selected and kept in the utmost secrecy, to the point where even their immediate superiors did not know the true task of these Papal soldiers.

When the Pope snapped His fingers, you could be sure that someone, somehwere in the world, was in for a whole lot of hurt. This particular group of Jesuits were deadly ernest about their jobs and they performed their labor with the ytmost attention to detail and they obeyed orders to the letter. They were the Vatican Assassination Squads and it has been surmised that our modern elite forces were modelled after these almost unknown warriors.

They always travelled under Papal orders and they were sent to the far reaches of Christianity to quell problems whenever and wherever they arose. Once deployed, they would carry out their assigned task and upon completion they would take all of the valuables they could lay their hands on. Once the treasure was secured they would most generally ride for the nearest coast where a ship would be lying in wait, usually just out of sight of land, awaiting for a signal. If the Papal troops did not make their intended rendevous, the ship would depart and return once more at a later, pre-determined date.

If the Jesuit hit squad in question needed to secret the treasure trove while enroute, they would do so according to a strictly defined set of codes and symbols. Among these codes were trail markers, however the markers would only lead one into the general vicinity of the trove. After arriving in the general vicinity, the recovery team would perform a yard by yard search of the terrain until they had located the actual treasure marker, just like the one shown in the above photo.

After locating the marker they merely had to dig up the treasure and continue to travel to a pre-determined port-of-call where the treasure would be sent by ship to Corsica, which was a Catholic stronghold. Owing to the remoteness of the island, the activities there could be carried out in relative secrecy without arousing the suspicions of foreign governments, such as jolly ol' England, which was famous for having her spies behind every tree and bush in Europe.

Once the trove was safely in Corsica, it would be stored in one of several castles until such time as it could be once again transported, this time to one of the many Vatican controlled banks throughout Europe, where it was distributed and put to work in the form of loans and capitol financing, thus arousing no suspicions.

The marker is obviously one from which an unrecovered treasure is located at. As a hard and fast rule, once the Vatican Recovery Team successfully recovered a trove, they took great pains to ensure that all signs and markers were properly destroyed, in order to conceal the evidence of their deeds.

Congratulations on your exciting find, my friend!
Your friend;
LAMAR

Welcome aboard Lamar.
good to see you finally sharing some Jesuite sign info.

Much apreciated.
Thom

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
Someone has obviously Kidnapped Lamar, and has taken over his identity on Treasure-Net,, The question is,, Do we pay the ransom or let the Identity Thief ride ??? td PS. Great looking Stone !!

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
rofl.

By the way...

I wonder if that cross hatching, if completed, might be a snake.

I saw a map where snake was used as metaphor for river and it was french.

Attachments

• frenchearlymap.jpg
    frenchearlymap.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 453

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Lamar wrote
Dear bravowhiskey:
Trust me, my friend, if I had found that stone, I would have wet my myself with excitement and anticipation!

Just when I had concluded that you had no sense of humor Lamar, you go and surprise me! Very funny amigo! :laughing7: ;D :D :D :icon_thumleft:

Ditto to the suggestion of our amigo Don Jose, try looking at a mirror image, and also upside down - it has a peculiar appearance for certain.
Oroblanco
:coffee2: :coffee2:

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Might be a grave marker. I've seen similar, although much more crudely done, in the poor areas of cemetaries or at old homesteads, ranches, trails, etc. Often, a hand-carved stone was left as a tribute to the deceased without the dates of birth and death, which were not always important (or known) by those who buried the remains.

OP
OP
bravowhiskey

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
like winning the lottery and not having the ticket. Just my luck. :dontknow:

Lamar, with your enthusiasm, I could get real excited, but there is absolutely no way to find out anything about this. In- laws hunted all over Texas and New Mexico.

Thanks for the kind words folks.
BW

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
searching for items, related to my family ancestry, i came across this
not sure if the average person, could access these files, but i bet there
is a wealth of info, regarding treasure hunting, by the spaniards
if someone would happen to be in spain, or going to spain, might be
worth checking out to see if you could access these 82,000,000 files

i have a question, does any one think the spaniards, would of made copies, of these
type of maps,like the rock and stored them, among those archives, and like
this map too

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,266235.0.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authority for his article was a translation of Pardo's report written in April 1569
and deposited in Seville's Archives of the Indies. The archives holds 82,000,000
manuscript pages of well-preserved reports on Spanish efforts in America. The re-port
was translated by historian Herbert Ketcham and placed in the North Carolina State Archives.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
from this link
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~gowenrf/melun001.htm

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You Mr LAMAR.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread