Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are definitely around that era. Would like to see closeup pics of the 2 buttons to the far left. Also the coin at the far left. Did you get a date off the KG?(third in from the right). That's a nice one too. Nice site there. Would hit it again...and again and......

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I'm curious about the hourglass design buttons as well. Maybe repost some of the items separately in the "What is it?" section. Clasp knives were usually made of iron--so I'm not certain that's a period piece with the brass on it... but the lead, gun flint, and coins are all from the right era, but I don't see any specifically RW buttons or items. I don't know how common a marked regt. button is though, when huning RW or F&I W sites.

-Buckles

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guy's for taking time to look.You will have to bare with me on these shots.My camera won't let me in but so close even on macro mode.But these have came from one site.Truth be told only the edge of this site.Rivers edge have tried to get up in the woods twice since I found it.First time steped up to go in and loaded down with ticks right away.Second time brought spray started up ran into cottonmouth (snake).Will get in there just waiting on winter.I fill I have ID most of the coins.The copper coin hogge wanted to see with the larger harp design not to sure of. Buttons have not.Never found anything on them.Also added the bottle that I found to the pick it had came from there to.
Thanks ahead!
Timekiller!

Attachments

• 000_0162.jpg
    000_0162.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 538
  • 000_0163.jpg
    000_0163.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 542
  • 000_0164.jpg
    000_0164.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 543
  • 000_0165.jpg
    000_0165.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 545
  • 000_0166.jpg
    000_0166.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 552
  • 000_0170.jpg
    000_0170.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 527
  • 000_0169.jpg
    000_0169.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 546
  • 000_0168.jpg
    000_0168.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 537
  • 000_0167.jpg
    000_0167.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 552
  • 000_0171.jpg
    000_0171.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 541
  • 000_0172.jpg
    000_0172.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 543
  • 000_0173.jpg
    000_0173.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 532
OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres the rest.

Attachments

• 000_0177.jpg
    000_0177.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 524
  • 000_0176.jpg
    000_0176.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 539
  • 000_0174.jpg
    000_0174.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 531
  • 000_0178.jpg
    000_0178.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 523

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say that posting these items in the "What is it?" section of this website is best. Few people look at posts here in the Rev War section.

The bottle is a 1700s bottle. I have no idea what it's worth, but it is a SPECTACULAR find. Post that one in the "bottles and glass" section for more information from the experts there.

The buttons with the hourglass I have seen somewhere before. I'll bet Don in SJ might know--or Iron Patch. I'll send them a link to this thread.

Regards,

Buckles

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
I would say that posting these items in the "What is it?" section of this website is best. Few people look at posts here in the Rev War section.

The bottle is a 1700s bottle. I have no idea what it's worth, but it is a SPECTACULAR find. Post that one in the "bottles and glass" section for more information from the experts there.

The buttons with the hourglass I have seen somewhere before. I'll bet Don in SJ might know--or Iron Patch. I'll send them a link to this thread.

Regards,

Buckles
Thanks Buckles,I had already on the bottle.The other I believe I did to in the what is it section.Just never got a responce on them as to what they are.
Thanks again Buck!

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a 1 real- Carolus III, a spanish Cobb, and an Irish Copper. The buttons are awesome! The bottle is a fantastic find to get intact. Probably a hand blown Ale bottle. You got quite a spot there! The other coin with all the patina on it, could be either Spanish or French. Need the experts on this one. There is enough to ID it for sure. VERY INTERESTED on what the experts say about those buttons. I would put those picks in the button category. GEEZ, wish I was there with ya! :laughing9: :notworthy: :headbang: :hello2: :laughing7:

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hogge said:
Looks like a 1 real- Carolus III, a spanish Cobb, and an Irish Copper. The buttons are awesome! The bottle is a fantastic find to get intact. Probably a hand blown Ale bottle. You got quite a spot there! The other coin with all the patina on it, could be either Spanish or French. Need the experts on this one. There is enough to ID it for sure. VERY INTERESTED on what the experts say about those buttons. I would put those picks in the button category. GEEZ, wish I was there with ya! :laughing9: :notworthy: :headbang: :hello2: :laughing7:
Thanks hogge on the info and comments.Yes I agree 1 real-Carolus III mid 1770'early1780's I think,Cob circa1730,milled 1 real piece phillip v 1746,a mid 1770's-1780 could be counterfiet irish half penny,and the one so hard to see I fill like is also a irish half penny from 1682 charles II closes thing I've seen to it.Buttons :dontknow:. Thanks again for your help. Ever down this way and like boat rides to find stuff like this drop in.Glad to have ya!Have not found no one around here to do this hobby with.Also don't know if they would like the extremes I go to. :laughing9: :laughing7: ;D :thumbsup:

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to let you know about extreme.I see we have a storm brewing off shore!Always a good time to hit these spots like this as they begin to pull by us.Wind South west screaming tide extra low.Sounds good to me! :laughing9:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pewters are cool but I don't know, the bottle and silver is awesome! ... and there's the counterfeit Hibernia I like. Exactly the kind of stuff I like to see turn up.

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
The pewters are cool but I don't know, the bottle and silver is awesome! ... and there's the counterfeit Hibernia I like. Exactly the kind of stuff I like to see turn up.
Thanks Patch,Yea you had seen the counterfiet before and told me that was what it was Thanks for that.The buttons I guess are going to remain a mystery.Strange in away.But being here on the coast hard to say so old.For all I know could be pirate buttons.Some of the stuff I guess isn't that far from the time of them.Thought some one might had seen some like them before.Guess not :dontknow:. Don't have a button book of any kind nothing on the web don't know what else to do really.Mabe some day I'll find out somehow.If so let you all know.
Thanks Again,
Timekiller!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
Thanks Patch,Yea you had seen the counterfiet before and told me that was what it was Thanks for that.The buttons I guess are going to remain a mystery.Strange in away.But being here on the coast hard to say so old.For all I know could be pirate buttons.Some of the stuff I guess isn't that far from the time of them.Thought some one might had seen some like them before.Guess not :dontknow:. Don't have a button book of any kind nothing on the web don't know what else to do really.Mabe some day I'll find out somehow.If so let you all know.
Thanks Again,
Timekiller!

Don in SJ has some good contacts with button collectors. I'd drop him a line.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
Thanks Again,
Timekiller!

The buttons are the kind of odd ball thing that you generally wouldn't find in a book. They remind me of some pewters I found at a site having what looks like a ship's wheel. (late 18th century)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you'll ever get an answer more than it just being a representation piece.

If nothing else this is interesting.

Symbolic uses
Pirate Christopher Moody's "Bloody Red" jack, c. 1714

Unlike most other methods of measuring time, the hourglass concretely represents the present as being between the past and the future, and this has made it an enduring symbol of time itself.

The hourglass, sometimes with the addition of metaphorical wings, is often depicted as a symbol that human existence is fleeting, and that the "sands of time" will run out for every human life.[10] It was used thus on pirate flags, to strike fear into the hearts of the pirates' victims. In England, hourglasses were sometimes placed in coffins,[11] and they have graced gravestones for centuries.

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
I don't think you'll ever get an answer more than it just being a representation piece.

If nothing else this is interesting.

Symbolic uses
Pirate Christopher Moody's "Bloody Red" jack, c. 1714

Unlike most other methods of measuring time, the hourglass concretely represents the present as being between the past and the future, and this has made it an enduring symbol of time itself.

The hourglass, sometimes with the addition of metaphorical wings, is often depicted as a symbol that human existence is fleeting, and that the "sands of time" will run out for every human life.[10] It was used thus on pirate flags, to strike fear into the hearts of the pirates' victims. In England, hourglasses were sometimes placed in coffins,[11] and they have graced gravestones for centuries.
You seem to be a knowledgable Man there patch,always enjoy your wisdom.I had seen some info on the hourglasses before.But if I don't deal with it everyday I seem to forget.Mine Overload I guess for me. :laughing9: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
Thanks Again,
Timekiller!

Don in SJ has some good contacts with button collectors. I'd drop him a line.
Thank you again to there Buckles!
Timekiller! :thumbsup:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timekiller said:

I just talked to Don in the chat room. He looked for the button, and it doesn't appear to be in any of his military button books.

Nor mine. :dontknow:

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
timekiller said:

I just talked to Don in the chat room. He looked for the button, and it doesn't appear to be in any of his military button books.

Nor mine. :dontknow:
Right on Buckles,I guess we all have ran in to these sort of things one time or another.Sure is aggravating though isn't it?Makes me want to know even more now! :laughing9: :laughing7: ;D

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting