What's new

Not the gold I wanted.....

GibH

Silver Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
2,934
Reaction score
1,949
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Black gold. Oil has started washing ashore here and some beaches are now closed. BP sucks....
 
Upvote 0
>:( >:( >:( yep BP needs to pay big time for this!!!!!
 
I feel for you guys and keep tabs on the progress daily. I hope they can get lucky and actually find something that really works.
 
I live in Queensland Australia, last year we had a ship leak oil and it washed up along our coastline, the cleanup job was huge, the cost to marine life unimaginable, I'm afraid to say our problem is a drop in a bucket in comparison with what you will have to deal with over there...We feel your pain!
 
This could be more damageing than any hurricane the Gulf has ever seen.......God bless you all
 
I just hope the states and administration act faster now that its storm season. What happens when all the gunk get pulled further inland (look how far Katrinas surge came in).
 
I went out a bit ago to see what the beach looked like. It hasn't gotten quite this far yet. I'll post these pictures for reference and get some more when it makes it here.

beach.webp



beach2.webp
 
that sucks.. i had plans on going to FLA to do some hunting this summer... now im not sure... are you on the gulf coast? maybe the east coast is still fair game.
 
Yes, gulf coast up in the panhandle.
 
bootey_hunter said:
that sucks.. i had plans on going to FLA to do some hunting this summer... now im not sure... are you on the gulf coast? maybe the east coast is still fair game.
So far the east coast is clear, no oil. I'm in Hollywood which is between Ft Laud and Miami.
 
The oil will cut into the amount of gold we find. Already people in Florida have noticed a reduction in the visitors going to the beach. Ditto other states around the Gulf.

The question that needs to be asked is why did Obama say that he sent swat teams to the area when swat teams have no idea on what to do with an oil well blowout?

And why is it that Obama has not got together the heads of the oil industry to get them together to stop this oil volcano?

I hate to see the Gulf get hit with this during the bad economic times we are in right now....it is going to put the nail in the coffin for most around the Gulf of Mexico.

And it will cut into the gold that we love to find.
 
I'm here on The Suncoast of Florida, south of Tampa. They said that we might not get any oil here as the way the loop current runs might keep it away. With that being said, there is a possibility we might get some, right now they said that there is oil is about 150 miles West of this area...
 
It is really a tragedy that the Obama administration didn't get the oil industry as a whole to take care of this disaster, instead of listening to BP, as they sputter lies about how quickly they would be able to stop the leak and get things back to normal.

BP has dropped the ball big time. What's even worse is that according to news, sources they are only on the hook for a maximum of 750 Million US$. The tax payers of the US will have to foot the bill for the rest, thanks to a bill that was passed by your previous administration, G.W. Bush.

This might partly explain why BP has been dragging their feet. They've already spent close to the maximum limit so they may start dumping the problem back to the government. I've heard some rumors that they might just be considering cutting their losses and limiting their future involvement on this problem oil well. Their name here in North America is now mud, and no matter how much more money they spend in order to try to repair the damage they have done in the Gulf, it will not increase their chances of ever working any new oil rigs here in the Gulf again. They can still do well as an entity working their existing wells outside of the US. I don't know if they will go down this road, but it is something that I have heard / read of lately on the business columns.

Either way, unfortunately, this disaster is going to wreak havoc for possibly an entire generation. My wife and I were thinking of purchasing a condo in the Florida gulf later this fall, but due to the size and the potential damage this spill will cause has made us change our minds.

I really hope that the oil industry as a whole can get together and do something before it's too late, I really feel for the people of Florida and the gulf states. This, on top of the latest economic turmoil must be horrible to live through.

My thoughts are with you all!

Ralph
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom