Not too bad, two firsts!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Well it has been one long winter. I finally had a chance to get out and enjoy my favorite hobby again. Had two places lined up to hunt. You know you always have a backup spot just in case the first one bombs. Well that is exactly what happened. >:( The first place had all kinds of aluminum scrap all over the yard. I hate that. I tried for around three hours and found zilch!
On to the next house which I figured would be better. this place dates back to around 1920-1930. Not too old but the area has always produced. First signal was a wheatie. :) Now where is the silver. Next signal was what looks like a Navy Button with an Eagle and 13 stars, but no back mark or cover for that matter. Just the cap of the button. I hope someone can identify that for me and get me a possible date when these were around. So that was a first for me. The second of the firsts was when I got a good 20 VDI and out popped a dateless Buffalo Nickle. Man are those hard to find. Right next to that was the 1950 Rosie. With the front yard done I then hit the back yard and pulled 21 other wheaties out from an area about the size of a sandbox. All dating between 1916 to 1958. But no key or semi key dates :( I did pull out a toy car, a doggie tag and a 1935 Bicycle tag. Then I hit a VDI of 85 and thought for sure this was going to be big silver....Not to be, it was 1971 Kennedy Half. Oh well, I won't complain for the first time out after the winter freeze! Hope all you hunters find silver and gold. HH...........JGAS

Attachments

• Navy 1.JPG
    Navy 1.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 689
  • Navy 2.JPG
    Navy 2.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 684
  • Navy 3.JPG
    Navy 3.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 690
  • Navy 4.JPG
    Navy 4.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 680
  • Navy 5.JPG
    Navy 5.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 674
  • Navy 6.JPG
    Navy 6.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 680
Upvote 0
My cat Sissy has a tag just like that....

Attachments

• Sissy on fence 5 smaller.JPG
    Sissy on fence 5 smaller.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 389
Jgas, it's good to finally see you get out and swing your machine! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's a lot of coinage from one house! :o
Good luck on your next hunt!

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Union naval officers button w/out bacmark hard to date ,button was used after war for some time .Thanks for sharing .

Nice group of finds! Looks like a very productive second site.
I'd go back again and see if there was anything you missed.
Happy Hunting!!

John

Excellent treasures jgas. :thumbsup: :headbang:
That style of hinge you found appeared recently in the WhatsIt Forum.
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back