Not too bad, two firsts!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Well it has been one long winter. I finally had a chance to get out and enjoy my favorite hobby again. Had two places lined up to hunt. You know you always have a backup spot just in case the first one bombs. Well that is exactly what happened. >:( The first place had all kinds of aluminum scrap all over the yard. I hate that. I tried for around three hours and found zilch!
On to the next house which I figured would be better. this place dates back to around 1920-1930. Not too old but the area has always produced. First signal was a wheatie. :) Now where is the silver. Next signal was what looks like a Navy Button with an Eagle and 13 stars, but no back mark or cover for that matter. Just the cap of the button. I hope someone can identify that for me and get me a possible date when these were around. So that was a first for me. The second of the firsts was when I got a good 20 VDI and out popped a dateless Buffalo Nickle. Man are those hard to find. Right next to that was the 1950 Rosie. With the front yard done I then hit the back yard and pulled 21 other wheaties out from an area about the size of a sandbox. All dating between 1916 to 1958. But no key or semi key dates :( I did pull out a toy car, a doggie tag and a 1935 Bicycle tag. Then I hit a VDI of 85 and thought for sure this was going to be big silver....Not to be, it was 1971 Kennedy Half. Oh well, I won't complain for the first time out after the winter freeze! Hope all you hunters find silver and gold. HH...........JGAS

Attachments

• Navy 1.JPG
    Navy 1.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 689
  • Navy 2.JPG
    Navy 2.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 684
  • Navy 3.JPG
    Navy 3.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 690
  • Navy 4.JPG
    Navy 4.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 680
  • Navy 5.JPG
    Navy 5.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 674
  • Navy 6.JPG
    Navy 6.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 680
Upvote 0

jsandin

Nov 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My cat Sissy has a tag just like that....

Attachments

• Sissy on fence 5 smaller.JPG
    Sissy on fence 5 smaller.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 389

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Jgas, it's good to finally see you get out and swing your machine! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's a lot of coinage from one house! :o
Good luck on your next hunt!

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

dirt diggler

Mar 18, 2009
Stafford VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Union naval officers button w/out bacmark hard to date ,button was used after war for some time .Thanks for sharing .

John987

Jan 13, 2009
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Compass X-80 Challenger, Yukon 77B Professional
Nice group of finds! Looks like a very productive second site.
I'd go back again and see if there was anything you missed.
Happy Hunting!!

John

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent treasures jgas. :thumbsup: :headbang:
That style of hinge you found appeared recently in the WhatsIt Forum.
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread