P PALEOMAN Sr. Member Joined Dec 11, 2007 Messages 277 Reaction score 3 Golden Thread 0 Location COLORADO Detector(s) used WHITES XLT Dec 3, 2008 #1 i`ve had this forever. it`s stamped on the back with clayton over chicago. also it has screw attachments that are soldered on. when were these made? Attachments IMG_0046.webp 36.5 KB · Views: 308 IMG_0046.webp 36.5 KB · Views: 307
i`ve had this forever. it`s stamped on the back with clayton over chicago. also it has screw attachments that are soldered on. when were these made?
LadyDigger Bronze Member Joined Jun 7, 2006 Messages 2,189 Reaction score 54 Golden Thread 0 Location Virginia Beach Detector(s) used Garrett Ace 250 Dec 3, 2008 #2 PALEOMAN said: i`ve had this forever. it`s stamped on the back with clayton over chicago. also it has screw attachments that are soldered on. when were these made? Click to expand... My Dad wore those on his Army uniform...always using Brasso to make them shine. He joined in 1955...so I know in 1955 they were being used. Sorry I could not be of more help. Here's a link that may help: http://www.army.mil/symbols/uniformtraditions2.html I'd look, but I am getting ready for our BSA Christmas Tree and Bake Sale...UGH!!! Upvote 0
PALEOMAN said: i`ve had this forever. it`s stamped on the back with clayton over chicago. also it has screw attachments that are soldered on. when were these made? Click to expand... My Dad wore those on his Army uniform...always using Brasso to make them shine. He joined in 1955...so I know in 1955 they were being used. Sorry I could not be of more help. Here's a link that may help: http://www.army.mil/symbols/uniformtraditions2.html I'd look, but I am getting ready for our BSA Christmas Tree and Bake Sale...UGH!!!
Monty Gold Member Joined Jan 26, 2005 Messages 10,752 Reaction score 170 Golden Thread 0 Location Sand Springs, OK Detector(s) used ACE 250, Garrett Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 5, 2008 #3 That's exactly what it is. Monty Upvote 0
Montana Jim Gold Member Joined Sep 18, 2006 Messages 11,705 Reaction score 148 Golden Thread 0 Location Montana Dec 5, 2008 #4 Yes... US Army Collar Brass (chromed or brushed aluminum for USAF), Officer - not enlisted. Still used today. Good link Ann! I use that all the time. Upvote 0
Yes... US Army Collar Brass (chromed or brushed aluminum for USAF), Officer - not enlisted. Still used today. Good link Ann! I use that all the time.
phantomfinder Bronze Member Joined Nov 15, 2008 Messages 1,651 Reaction score 10 Golden Thread 0 Location Denver , Colorado Detector(s) used White's DFX , Ace 150 , Prizm 2 Dec 5, 2008 #5 Super photo, Upvote 0