Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got permission to hunt a 1900s era home and I was expecting to get into some seriously old stuff. Well that didn't exactly happen...but I only looked around about a quarter of the property before I had to leave to make another commitment.

Every single coin I pulled out of the backyard was a penny ranging between 1944 and 1963. Not extremely old stuff, but that's not a bad radius to be in! No new stuff and a great chance at silver if I can manage to pull a dime or a quarter next time.

Here's the video of the hunt. Enjoy!

Upvote 6

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice coin hunting

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the same experience earlier this year at a home built in 1910. I was all geared up for some silver, but only found a bunch a wheats and tootsie cars!

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the same experience earlier this year at a home built in 1910. I was all geared up for some silver, but only found a bunch a wheats and tootsie cars!

Haha yup! I'm happy to dig wheats all day though, anything in the silver range gives me hope! Also I particularly enjoyed this house because apparently, there havent been kids playing in the yard since the 60s :laughing7: So I know that if I get a coin signal, it's always gonna be an oldie!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds Ryan I think there are probably a few layers of stuff more recent in the first layer ect ect ect I have had many hunts with just wheats I like to go back when the ground is wet to get a little more depth and swing my coil super slow has worked well Hope you find the silver but wheats are great also.. Thanks for sharing the cool video!!!!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Finds !!! How do you Like the Ace 400??? Thinking of Getting red one Soon!!!

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wheats are always encouraging. Good job with garbage pickup, too. I mean it; it's a valuable quality to the hobby.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds !!! How do you Like the Ace 400??? Thinking of Getting red one Soon!!!

I like it a lot! I've only had it for about 3 months but it has worked great for me in that time. For example, there was a site that I went to about 4 times where I pulled out a silver quarter with my minelab machine and I had a theory that the minelab wasn't picking up the silver dime signals. So I went back with the Ace 400 and guess what I dig on my first signal? A 1960 rosie!!! I got it on camera if you wanna check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFQnyDvC8Dw

But all in all, I have found much more with my Ace 400 than I have with my minelab and I've had the minelab for like 8 years lol. I'm really just now getting deeply involved into this hobby. It's addicting!

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wheats are always encouraging. Good job with garbage pickup, too. I mean it; it's a valuable quality to the hobby.

If I pull something out of the ground, I take it with me no matter what it is. Leave no trace and do a good turn daily. That's what they taught me back in Boy Scouts!

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds Ryan I think there are probably a few layers of stuff more recent in the first layer ect ect ect I have had many hunts with just wheats I like to go back when the ground is wet to get a little more depth and swing my coil super slow has worked well Hope you find the silver but wheats are great also.. Thanks for sharing the cool video!!!!

Thanks man! So you're from Ann Arbor? That's actually where I go to school!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread