Nothing Like A Successful And Enjoyable Fishing Trip.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I decided to not miss out on the Kokanee Salmon spawn at Fort Peck Reservoir. We had a great time and were able to get twelve Salmon. Beginning the first of October you are permitted to snag the Salmon as they return to where they were released when they were first stocked into the lake.

Folder #3 013.JPG Folder #3 016.JPG

Folder #3 011.JPG A cooler full of fish.

Folder #3 015.JPG Folder #3 017.JPG

There was an early morning fog above and below the dam. Here are a few photo's looking down towards the generator towers.
We sure had a good time and hope you enjoy the pictures.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice catch. You ever make those "Salmon puffs" out of those? Great appetizer. Friend of long years past had a great recipe for making them. I see there are a few yummy looking recipes you can find online these days.That pace doesn't look like a good place to be when those Montana winds hit. I'd say you two had a pretty nice uneventful nice day with those low clouds hanging in there like that?

Last edited:
OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks All! Yes Grant, we will have to look up some of those recipe's. And you are right about the winds around there, the waters can get pretty choppy when the wind gets to going.

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice catch!! Do you ever smoke them??

This is the first time that we fished for salmon, but we will try several avenues of cooking and even smoking the salmon. I haven't tried smoked salmon, but it sounds appetizing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions