Nothing special, but these two finds are bugging me!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found at two different locations, but these two finds are bugging me bad!

First item is a cap or a cover to something. It was about seven inches down, so I think it's pretty old. Small in size and made of very thin copper. Found at a spot that has items from the late 1700's up to around the 1920's.

Second item was found at a late 1920's to early 1930's dump. It's looks very familiar, but I can't figure out what it was used for. Five inches tall and it has a weird spring type cap on top.

Any help on these two items would be appreciated.

DSC02380.JPG DSC02381.JPG DSC02382.JPG DSC02383.JPG

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one item looks to be a cap for an old lipstick case 1920s? The other I'm not sure, but may be a gunpowder to a talcum powder canister. What ever it is it looks as the can was designed to be extra moister prof ?? ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help! I looked up carbide cans on eBay, but none of them match this one's spring top cap. I also tried brake fluid cans, turpentine cans, paint thinner cans, talcum powder cans and black powder cans! Nothing matches this can. Very annoying.

The cap could be the top of a lipstick case, but the metal is very thin. I've found a few old lipstick cases and all of them were made out of a much thicker metal.

I'll keep checking out eBay and do some Google image searches. I'll eventually figure out what they were used for.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread