Greenie
Dec 5, 2023
Buda, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Howdy!
Newly retired and glad to begin an exciting journey in metal detecting. Have purchased and begun using Minelab X-terra Pro detector and Profind 35 pinpointer. Looking foward to discovering local history and fellow detection enthusiasts far and wide!
Congrats on hte new machine and enjoy the retirement
Welcome from Ontario Canada
Probably drove by Buda at one time or other 40 yrs ago-but can't recall as it doesn't stick out as a stop in the travels.

Congrats on hte new machine and enjoy the retirement
Welcome from Ontario Canada
Probably drove by Buda at one time or other 40 yrs ago-but can't recall as it doesn't stick out as a stop in the travels.
Thanks! FYI, Buda is fist town south of Austin, TX.

Howdy!...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at FORUM: TEXAS for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Welcome to the forum from Oregon!

Welcome from Illinois! Looking forward to seeing your finds!

Welcome !
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Been through your fine state dozens of times, mostly along Interstate 10. My woman and I, on a slow business day, got a personally guided tour of the Alamo one day. He showed us the graffiti, now under plexiglass, from Travis, Crocket, and others. Are you aware that the Alamo, originally, had no roof? No need... didn't rain much. One of my favorite places in your state is Adobe Walls, up in the panhandle. Read up on this great place, if unknown to you. And WELCOME from AZ! ╦╦ç

Sorry for a delay in replying - been busy detecting and joining various forums. Have obtained permission to detect on multiple acres of land along the historic El Camino Real Los Tejas Trail! Have unearthed interesting artifacts and munitions from 1800s ti early 1900s such as pieces of porcelain coated tea kettle, lead musket bullets, oil lanter parts, etc. Hope to explore your suggestions at some point. Many thanks for the interesting tips!

Welcome to the forum and good hunting !

A good thing to do when your just getting started is to make a list of everyone you know.
Family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc.
Ask them how old their house is - if it's more than 75 years old or so - ask if you can hunt their yard.
If you hunt older yards like these there's a good chance you'll find some old Silver Coins, Relics & Jewelry.
Carefully fill in holes (plugs) you dug and remove all the trash (even if it's not yours).
If you leave the property cleaner then when you got there - you'll probably be welcomed back in the future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back