NOW CASTING TREASURE HUNTERS

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
Since warning is posted in thread there want be individual warnings.
I read this 5times,seems like somebody flunked spellin, on the behalf of all the high school dropouts, i demand an apology.I wont take no for an answer

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Doing the math a tradesperson would trump this pay any day. 12hrs a day it works out to be $27hr for working ones butt off to the production company.

That's not bad money. As one of the tradespeople mentioned above, I'd personally pass, but it was only a very few years ago that I would have happily jumped on an offer like this. I worked a lot harder for a lot less money as an enlisted man.

There are actually a very few spots around here that I'd work for that without complaint. (Don't tell anyone, but I'd work them for free if I could pocket the finds.) I can't get permission for them. Perhaps a television production company could secure permissions like that. Just something to think about.

I'd personally be okay with a television crew following me around on my free time, but I don't think that it would make for a very good show. The last time that I found gold, I motioned to my partner that I'd found a ring, gave a thumbs up, and then we went back to the car to take a look at it. There was no dancing about or yelling. I'm not looking to get mugged. Good MD practice in a blighted urban area perhaps, but lousy television. I'd admittedly feel a bit safer with a few cameras around, but I'm not one for theatrics.

It might be a good deal for the right person.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did anybody PM the OP and get a reply?

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well you got to realize it is a big gamble for them, they got to film it, produce it, package and sell it to a cable company, then if it becomes a hit after a season or two, then you get to negotiate for higher fees. Many of these companies are in competition with each other. Big money can maybe come later, and It can give a aspiring actor a heads up in the field. good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions