Now I am a believer !! There are silver caches out there !! 5 and 3/4 lbs worth!

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I am maybe thinking there is no clay pot.

Just saw movie Matrix and maybe what you see is not real.

On the other hand, perhaps IRS can trace IP addresses and the clay pot would cost a lot on taxes.

Go to a starbucks and use their IP addy.

Clay Pot!
Clay Pot!
LOL

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is simply an amazing hord find from the depression days ??? You must have been doing the happy dance then and now. WTG on a once in a lifetime find.

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
I have no idea what to say about this. I've dug broken Mason jars in the forlorn hope of hitting a Farmer Bank.

Who in the heck buries FIVE AND THREE-QUARTER POUNDS OF SILVER IN A FLOWER POT?!?
Answer: Someone who wants to send you over the moon 75 years later and put you on the banner!

Congratulations, and I'll be watching for that list! You should be done with it by Memorial Day, maybe..

ZenAgain

Nov 2, 2007
Fort Polk LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, White's DFX, Bullseye 2
Going to use a little common sense since it's in such short supply in America these days. To the naysayers: One of two things is true, 1. Mainerelic found a HUGE cache of silver coins (5 pounds worth?!! Woot!) or..... 2. He just happens to have 5 pounds of old silver coins that he is willing to pile up, pour dirt on, and pile up in a mess thus causing tons of scratches to most of them thereby devaluing the majority of them. Which do you think is more likely?

For myself? If I had 5 pounds of silver coins, I would have them all put away in a way that would keep them from becoming scratched. Hell, even if I were RICH??!!!!, I wouldn't devalue 5 pounds worth of silver coins just to get some accolades on a website.

Incidentally, I've been on this site for close to two years now and have yet to post a find in big part because of rude people like the one's who have poo pooed all over this guys amazing luck. That's not to say I haven't found anything worth posting as just a week ago, my brother was here and saying I should post some of my stuff.

All that aside? Congratz on a find that tons of us can only "dream" of Mainerelic. In one fell swoop, you found more silver than the raw majority of us have in our entire metal detecting "careers".

Keep Swinging,
Zen

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Admiral de Salee said:
Congratulations, and I'll be watching for that list! You should be done with it by Memorial Day, maybe..

list is about 2 pages back

fwcrawford

Jan 7, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50, Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign GT
Very nice find there.... You should post this on the cache forum also!
That sure gets you thinking about what lies just below the surface of the ground.

Congradulations,
Felix

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where has Mainerelic gone? he was last on 19/4/2009...... I hope the people have not chased him away?

God bless
Peter

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a great cache MaineRelic! Sure will look nice with all your finds in a display case!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
sweet indeed

gets us all hiped up and putting new batteries in

awesome find

you been back and found the others yet?

congrats on the banner and your discovery

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
I personally feel sorry for the OP for the way some have treated him. Tnet is not what it used to be.
Some of us used to post a LOT of our finds ::)

Awesome dig Mainerelic :thumbsup:

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Now I am a believer !! There are silver caches out there !! 5 and 3/4 lbs wo

Danimal said:
I personally feel sorry for the OP for the way some have treated him. Tnet is not what it used to be.

Who's OP? What does this have to do with Mainerelic? :icon_scratch:

This thread has over 300 positive congratulatory replies. There's always a few questionable comments.....such is life....nuttin' to get all upset about. ::)

I want to know about the pot the coins were buried in, too. I think it's a reasonable question. :)

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Re: Now I am a believer !! There are silver caches out there !! 5 and 3/4 lbs wo

Mona Lisa said:
Danimal said:

Who's OP? What does this have to do with Mainerelic? :icon_scratch:

This thread has over 300 positive congratulatory replies. There's always a few questionable comments.....such is life....nuttin' to get all upset about. ::)

I want to know about the pot the coins were buried in, too. I think it's a reasonable question. :)

OP = Original Poster.

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess this isn't going away but I'd sure like to see (or at least hear about) the clay pot as well.

I know another congrats is meaningless but...CONGRATS!!

goldbill

May 6, 2009
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites v3 deus v4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i heard of a guy at the coachouse talking about this congrats !!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions