Nugget!!!!!

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out on some public ground near grimes creek and Idaho city (exact location is NOTELLUM Creek) :laughing7:
Found this and more, Took Pic at the end of day 2 of a three day trip where we ran over 10 tons of material through my highbanker. (575 buckets) Oh my shoulders hurt.... but my eyeballs are incredibly happy! 20130707_095010.jpg20130707_095014.jpg

The rock is what looks to be Quartz and is just beautifully coated in gold. I am so looking forward to what you guys may think that the specimen is worth. Its our first full blown nugget/specimen or whatever. I still haven't even thrown it on the scale to see how many grams it weighs but I don't think that would do any good. I also don't know how to determine how much is gold, It is definitely heavier than a quartz rock of the same approx size.

Upvote 0
I soooo don't have all of the bugs worked out and actually am working over the details of my next build in my head for the time being. As stated in a previous comment I agree that buckets suck we want to be able to shovel straight to the box and honestly moving dirt with equipment is out for now because it isn't considered "recreational". So the next build is going to involve a LARGE trommel and a removable conveyor. So we can dig with shovels and not have to worry about rocks not getting clean and eventually when we get tired of shoveling and we get our own claim we can put whole backhoe buckets into it. As for the rest of your PM there we were on public ground and the location is kinda hidden and not even my pardner knows where I pulled that nugget from. Im going to have to go back and see if there are any more lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back