What's new

Number six Silver Dollar !!!

foreverRich

Full Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
195
Reaction score
886
Golden Thread
0
Location
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
,GTA1000, Discovery3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed back to the demolition site where I found the other Silver Dollars. After hunting it with three different detectors, I wasn't expecting much. Got one of those "iffy" signals among the iron trash. Knowing my luck on this site, I decided to dig it. ANOTHER Silver Dollar in as good of a condition as the previous ones. On top of that, I found a V Nickel and a toasted Indian Head Penny.

I can't get over how good this site has been and I haven't even started hunting the curb strip. The curb strip is wide and it is a corner lot. Needless to say, I will be going back. If I don't find another coin at this site I am HAPPY !!
 

Attachments

  • 10172016 Silver Dollar.webp
    10172016 Silver Dollar.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 219
  • 10172016 Hunt.webp
    10172016 Hunt.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 201
  • 10172016 Silver Dollar Reverse.webp
    10172016 Silver Dollar Reverse.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 214
  • 10172016 V Nickel.webp
    10172016 V Nickel.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 180
  • 10172016 Indian Head Penny.webp
    10172016 Indian Head Penny.webp
    16 KB · Views: 184
Upvote 42
I posted an 1877-S Seated quarter awhile ago that I dug out of a southern WI park. It still has some luster to it, I about fainted when I saw it. That's one of the reasons we all like silver,it CAN hold its visual appeal for many many decades even while buried,in the right conditions.
I read an article in Eastern and Western awhile ago about a heavy equipment operator named Henry who was also into detecting. Apparently he demoed a house that had silver coins in the walls that came raining down when the machinery knocked the house down.
That's a beauty of a coin...if you've found 6 you'd better go back!! Sweet silver!!
 
I posted an 1877-S Seated quarter awhile ago that I dug out of a southern WI park. It still has some luster to it, I about fainted when I saw it. That's one of the reasons we all like silver,it CAN hold its visual appeal for many many decades even while buried,in the right conditions.
I read an article in Eastern and Western awhile ago about a heavy equipment operator named Henry who was also into detecting. Apparently he demoed a house that had silver coins in the walls that came raining down when the machinery knocked the house down.
That's a beauty of a coin...if you've found 6 you'd better go back!! Sweet silver!!

My uncle owns a huge construction business in San Diego and says this is fairly common for him to see stuff stashed when he demos old places. He told me where do I think he has gotten a lot of my aunts knick knack from
 
Sweet finds must be a wealthy area back then lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom