Oak island, aka the money pit will be for sale soon

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
I heard the Islands asking price was $8.000.000. And for whom ever should buy the Is. if thats the tax value of Is.. Be prepared for a bite every yr.
I lean towards the Sinclare family putting it there? PLUS= After going to all the clever work to put in water traps, digging, vault. various Marks placed on Is.. Doesn't it seem silly that they would have left a block and tackle hanging on a limb over the hole of the money pit? Like bait that everyone has bought into? It would be my guess that the treasure was taken in through the shaft, but the shaft leads up to a vault above the water line. And that it was never ment to go back through the shaft to recover the treasure. But if you know where to dig! To dig down stright into the vault? To put in the water traps ment to build dams to keep back the water. So to recover through the shaft would mean to rebuild the dams more then likely? I can't see anyone going to all that work to recover. THE PIT IS TO STOP THE HUNTERS NOT MENT TO FIND IT.

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Monk,
There was no block and tackle left over the Money Pit. There was a circular depression under a limb which had been sawn off. My opinion, the Money Pit is a diversion. It was there to stop people from digging when they hit a certain depth, sure that they had found a monetary treasure. My bet is that lower down one would find the real "treasure". Not gold nor silver but a piece of truly historical significance.
I could be totally wrong, but this seems like a lot of trouble just to hide money, no matter how much.

grizzly bare.

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
wait a minute, I'm having a brainfart.
Let's ALL pool our money, buy the island, secede from Canada, and declare war on the US. As soon as America shows up we surrender and ask for war reparations. We can make a fortune!

gb

E

Ealdain

I beleve that was a "The Mouse That Roared" reference. One of Peter Sellers best movies.

Seriously though just being able to MD oak island would be neat.

L

Lcplthogersen

It would be fun exploring the island I would like to scuba around it a few times.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions