Oak Island Factual (proven/documented) Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We monitor the show and make certain the unknowing masses are not “HOAXED” yet again......

Do you really think you are keeping anyone from watching the show. If anything you are driving people to it... and the Laginas appreciate that.. Any new comer coming in here and reading a fraction of all this will realize real quick that the nay-sayers claim everything they say as fact and that everything else is a lie, hoax, tall tell, mis-remembering, planted, pocket-dropped, etc...

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There’s a reason the cast do everything possible to keep from bursting into laughter when new bobby dazzlers are found or when yet another new fictional theory is stated on the show.

Anyone who watches curse of oak island and believes it must think Ancient Aliens is documented history as well...

What did PT Barnum say?.......

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sadly that story is is no different really then the few people or more that died trying to find Forest Fenn's Treasure.. Can't blame it on a false post by someone...You have to be prepared to be out wondering around looking for something you may or may not know it's location..
Sounds a lot like what the drug dealer says as he sells a lethal dose of heroin to an unsuspected buyer.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you skeptics out there... Here is PROOF!

Gary-oak-island-rainbow.jpg

All they need to do is dig where this rainbow lands...

Because it is a well known, historical fact told throughout the ages that treasure can be found at the end of a rainbow...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but in true nay-sayer fashion they would plant a little treasure of some sort in there don't you think?? As we all know it is a tv show. Do you really think they film everything everyone is doing at all times. I'd imagine that as Garry is out metal detecting he is on his own or with someone with a shovel and if he finds something they come over and film it after the fact, and then back in the war room doing take after take of filming I'm sure it does get funny at times... Here again for someone who doesn't believe in any of this you sure pay alot attention to every detail of the show!!!!

OcdChaos

Dec 29, 2016
The South
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They definitely film some stuff after the fact. But it is understandable, as you can’t film 24-7. They find something, dig it up, if it is worth filming, they put it back and call in the film crew. I have no problem with it, as long as you understand why it has to be done that way. As I said, you can’t film everywhere 24-7. Here’s proof of that. The attached screenshot shows Jack getting ready to dig a spot that Gary pinpointed. Noticed that the dark spot is disturbed and has already been dug up and covered back up.
D83FAF93-1077-4F8A-BEF4-2D7563BD2C4C.jpg

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They definitely film some stuff after the fact. But it is understandable, as you can’t film 24-7. They find something, dig it up, if it is worth filming, they put it back and call in the film crew. I have no problem with it, as long as you understand why it has to be done that way. As I said, you can’t film everywhere 24-7. Here’s proof of that. The attached screenshot shows Jack getting ready to dig a spot that Gary pinpointed. Noticed that the dark spot is disturbed and has already been dug up and covered back up.
View attachment 1883424

No they film all the time Gary is searching. Nothing is buried and re-dug for the film. It should already be on film.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's what brought me here (to the Oak Island threads). When the "History Channel" dropped documentaries and information for crap programming like Ancient Aliens and The Curse of Oak Island.

So far the seven seasons could be condensed in to a half-hour slot with 10 minutes of commercials.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can always place years of searching for treasure into a 30 minute show with 10 minutes being commercials. But the keeper is keeping the audience in suspense of a large treasure being found. The anticipation. If you find a treasure in the first five minutes of your first day, it ruins the treasure hunt. Also, ruins the movie production and people that get paid to search and to film. But if you hunt for a week or two or even a year or two and yes even eight years, then you are successful then it makes it worthwhile.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm watching Cosmos and browsing four forums. My time is more valuable to me than "Reality TV".

Let me know when they find something.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brit80, you're new here and may not know our rules, we do not allow attacking or insulting other members.

Brit80

Tenderfoot
Dec 1, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brit80, you're new here and may not know our rules, we do not allow attacking or insulting other members.

Sorry, I just can't help myself when I encounter

So ECS and OneShotWonder think a group of people dug a tunnel 90ft down, with 300ft long flood tunnels, structures on the beach..... 400 years ago..... on an island for jokes?

In 1921 there was no evidence of Tutankhamen's tomb. ECS and OneShotWonder would have labelled the greatest archaeological discovery a hoax.

Lack of evidence doesn't prove non-existence.

I have no idea if there was treasure on Oak Island but the two options are:

1) Treasure existed
2) People decided to waste years building complicated structures/tunnels for no reason.

Common sense (and odds of probability) would suggest they were trying to hide something.

Last edited:

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another 15 minute episode. Gotta love DVR. I am enjoying BEYOND OAK ISLAND just to hear about new possible treasures. Tonight's episode was good.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a group of people dug a tunnel 90ft down, with 300ft long flood tunnels, structures on the beach..... 400 years ago..... on an island for jokes?
What flood tunnels? No evidence of flood tunnels has ever been found. The only evidence of anyone digging 90+foot down is treasure searchers. There is no evidence of any pre-treasure searchers digging anywhere near that depth.

There is no evidence that the structures at Smith Cove have any relationship to the "alleged" money pit.

That is the point... There is zero evidence of anything treasure related being found on Oak Island (Possible exception of the original finders finding small amount of treasure around 10 ft deep)

Everything else is just speculation backed up by wishful thinking...

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
In 1921 there was no evidence of Tutankhamen's tomb.
Sorry....not true, they knew what they were looking for and they knew it existed. There was plenty of evidence for that.

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what brought me here (to the Oak Island threads). When the "History Channel" dropped documentaries and information for crap programming like Ancient Aliens and The Curse of Oak Island.

So far the seven seasons could be condensed in to a half-hour slot with 10 minutes of commercials.

Marty is going to be on Ancient Aliens Friday, going to Italy with the wild curly head guy, can’t remember his name, it’s like they own the whole channel now

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So ECS and OneShotWonder think a group of people dug a tunnel 90ft down, with 300ft long flood tunnels, structures on the beach..... 400 years ago..... on an island for jokes?

1) Treasure existed
2) People decided to waste years building complicated structures/tunnels for no reason.

Common sense (and odds of probability) would suggest they were trying to hide something.

In actuality, ECS, et. alia, think NO ONE "dug a tunnel 90ft down, with 300ft long flood tunnels, structures on the beach..... 400 years ago..... " for a "joke". The most likely scenario (Occam's Razor) is that three guys in 1795 "spun a yarn" about finding a spot where there could be pirate treasure"...and everything snowballed from there.

The 90-foot "Money Pit" was originally dug by fools who believed there was something at the bottom.

There is no REAL evidence of "300 ft long flood tunnels", only conjectures, theories and "could be's". "French drains" (if indeed they are found to be present) are commonly used as part a sewage system - and were very common in colonial times.

As of yet, the fibers found are just that - they "appear to be" coconut fibers ("coir") but not genetically, positively identified as such.

Structures on the beach could be anything benign - most likely used for boat/ship maintenance and repair - as proof, the SAME structures can be found all over the world. It is absolutely asinine to theorize that a pier or platform could ONLY have been built to unload a ship full of treasure - just as it is asinine to categorically state that the presence of ox shoes indicates oxen were used to transport cartloads of treasure, or excavation materials needed to bury it.

I cannot, either, deny that their hypotheses *could* have happened. I could JUST AS LIKELY have been aliens...but it *could have*….

It is MORE likely that everything found has been MIS-interpreted and MIS-identified with the ultimate goal of fabricating support for a fantasy that exists only in the minds of wishful thinkers. Any large spike could only be a "ship's nail"...a single 17th-Century coin indicates there is a "hoard" of treasure nearby... a cast lead cross (almost Identical to one I made myself, in 8th Grade Art class in 1970) "proves" there were Templars on Oak Island in the 14th Century... The most telling examples of such things is that something tantalizing or unusual is discovered...then they go look at something else on the other side of the island.

The whole premise of the Oak Island TV show is based upon Agent Mulder's credo of "I WANT to believe", and is successful because of the same underlying need to formulate an explanation for real or imaginary "mysteries".

Last edited:

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Marty is going to be on Ancient Aliens Friday, going to Italy with the wild curly head guy, can’t remember his name, it’s like they own the whole channel now

Giorgio. Looks like he dries his hair by driving a convertible at 70MPH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread