Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
What does this have anything to do with the Money Pit? Are you suggesting ghost stories as evidence?

Whether, Ghost Stories or just Past Down Stories some may contain evidence or clues to this Mystery!

I was most interested in the Canadian Grenadiers who were involved in the capture of Fort Morro, Havana and their whereabouts after this campaign.

After their return from Cuba where they had lost many of their comrades to Yellow Fever, it could be presumed, that there would have been many of them on Oak Island who died from this fever also.

If this being the case, maybe Ghost do haunt Oak Island.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Spanish Sailor Story!

Spanish Sailor Story.jpg

The story “comes to us third hand, and is known as the Spanish Sailor story. It would appear to have been told around the middle 1800s, and it tells about a plan which shows an island somewhere on the Nova Scotia coast where a large treasure was buried. The most interesting thing about the story is its explaining that there is a deep filled in shaft on the island, and that there is a long tunnel running from the shaft out to the shore. It goes on to say that for some reason unknown to the story teller the treasure was not buried in the shaft, but some distance away and only twenty feet deep. It may have been told before the flooding tunnel out to Smith’s Cove had been discovered, and it was certainly told before anyone had suggested that the treasure was buried some distance from the shaft, and that it was buried above sea level. If there is any truth in the tale, the story teller must have been from a later generation than the depositors. No attempt was made to capitalize on the story, and now it is an almost forgotten tale that could have been connected with The Oak Island Mystery.”

Revealed:
The secret of Oak Island
by Laverne Johnson

This story supports my theory that the Freemasons buried their treasures at the top North/West end of the Island, 20 feet below ground in the Treasure Vault connect by a tunnel to the Money Pit.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Adams Family

“In the late 1930's a family named Adams were living on Oak Island where they worked as caretakers.
What were they taking care of ?
Gary

Adams family.jpg

During this time period Jack, Charlotte and family moved to Oak Island as Jack had secured a job with treasurer hunter Edwin Hamilton to keep watch on the pumps and other gear he had ferried to the island.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Was Sir Francis Bacon a Master Designer of Home Land Security?

Sir Francis Bacon.jpg

The ingenious designers of the Treasure Vault at Oak Island were men such as Sir Isaac Newton, Sir Francis Bacon, Washington Shirley, and Benjamin Franklin along with others, who over Centuries devised their cumulative plan.

Bacon through his writings left many clues and riddles which his followers used with the construction of Oak Island.

Riddles the likes of:

How could a treasure be buried at Oak Island but not on Oak Island, buried under water but not get wet?

Like a child’s riddle:

Where can you find an ocean without any water?

These Freemasons planned on the infrequency of man to use his mind to “Think outside the Box”.

Like the old westerns where the bank robbers planted the dynamite at the front of the one foot thick metal safe’s door when it was obvious that the walls surrounding the vault were only made of brick and mortar, these Freemasons knew that any treasurer hunters would first come knocking at their front door.

The Freemason’s door could have been the envy of Fort Knox with its Money Pit’s Shaft consisting of a 170 foot impervious thick entrance made of dirt, wood, cement, metal and armed with traps of water and possibly poisonous vapors.

To date, the Freemason’s logic has been sound as for 250 years no Treasure Hunter has been able to crack this safe’s door.

This same ingeniously shown logic may also be these Freemason’s weakness, as they too are governed by it and will not deviate from the laws of geometry or mathematics.

I believe their compulsion to leave bread crumbs, clues, and riddles to challenge the wisdom of those who follow will eventually divulge the location to their treasurers.

They never imagined the ability of today’s Treasure Hunters to share information on forums like this, information such as:

Francis Bacon’s first attempt at a Treasure Vault:

Dr Orville Ward Owen, a follower of Bacon's ciphers followed instructions in a Baconian cipher and discovered a mysterious underground chamber beneath the bed of the River Wye, in the West of Britain. Although it was disappointingly empty, further Baconian ciphers were to be found carved on the walls.

The ability of the Cornish tin miners in Cornwall, England to tunnel under the ocean floor with some of their tunnels approaching so close to the ocean’s floor that today one can hear the ocean’s waves from within.

The computer technology of a program like Stellarium which can map the celestial markers used by the Freemasons to mark their final location to the Vault.

The problem I did experience was in trying to determine the Logic as to why they would have constructed a tunnel from the Money Pit all the way to their Treasure Vault at the top of the North/West end of the Island.

It could not have been solely to distance the treasure from the door (Money Pit) or be more accessible for the returning ships to retrieve it.

Their Logic had to be something more.

It was only after my triangulation pointing to the whereabouts of this Vault showed the Treasure Vault was located a short distance off shore that I realized I too needed to “Think outside the Box”.

The Treasure is not “On” Oak Island but “At” Oak Island, located roughly 50 feet off shore, 20 feet under the ocean's floor, contained in a water tight cement, wooden lined Treasure Vault.

When the American Freemasons returned they only had to make a small inclined tunnel originating from the shore down into the Vault located 20 feet under the ocean’s floor to retrieve their Treasures and once finished hide this small entrance.

Last edited:

uzzard

Apr 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ability of the Cornish tin miners in Cornwall, England to tunnel under the ocean floor with some of their tunnels approaching so close to the ocean’s floor that today one can hear the ocean’s waves from within.

Are you talking about Greevor?......also what happened when they shut the pumps off when the mine closed in 1990
did you take a look at these pumps?

The levant flooded in the 30's it was late 60's before they had technology to repair and pump out this mine to reopen it.

Don't get me wrong it is amazing what they did in respect to these mines ..........but it took stuff like this to get it done Geevor Tin Mine: Pumping
Geevor was a relatively dry mine compared to other Cornish mines such as Wheal Jane near Chacewater which pumped approx 14 million gallons of water per day.

Your post implies they just took a pick and shovel and tunneled under a major body of water.....this is not the case and does nothing to support your theory it actually hurts it because it shows how huge a problem water can be when you start digging below sea level.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Are you talking about Greevor?......also what happened when they shut the pumps off when the mine closed in 1990
did you take a look at these pumps?

The levant flooded in the 30's it was late 60's before they had technology to repair and pump out this mine to reopen it.

Don't get me wrong it is amazing what they did in respect to these mines ..........but it took stuff like this to get it done Geevor Tin Mine: Pumping
Geevor was a relatively dry mine compared to other Cornish mines such as Wheal Jane near Chacewater which pumped approx 14 million gallons of water per day.

Your post implies they just took a pick and shovel and tunneled under a major body of water.....this is not the case and does nothing to support your theory it actually hurts it because it shows how huge a problem water can be when you start digging below sea level.

Are you stating that the Cornish miners were incapable of doing the tunneling I have described?

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hes trying to say you cant dig these deep anywhere that close to a water source, without breaking the ground water flooding the pit, regardless of the type of soil.

Hes saying to do this type of job you would need a high volume pump.......

Not an Archimedes screw

uzzard

Apr 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you stating that the Cornish miners were incapable of doing the tunneling I have described?

Nope

Just adding some useful information.............you have a habit of leaving out any facts that do not help support your theory
I'd stick to the ghost stories and "3rd hand" folktales to support your theory they are a much better fit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope

Just adding some useful information.............you have a habit of leaving out any facts that do not help support your theory
I'd stick to the ghost stories and "3rd hand" folktales to support your theory they are a much better fit.

I am at loss as to Why I would add any facts that did not support my theory?

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Rag and Chain Pump

Hes trying to say you cant dig these deep anywhere that close to a water source, without breaking the ground water flooding the pit, regardless of the type of soil.

Hes saying to do this type of job you would need a high volume pump.......

Not an Archimedes screw

There is a huge difference between dealing with normal ground water and the water from the ocean water trap tunnels!

There is nothing special about Oak Island and its ground water that has not been experienced by the Cornish Miners.

It would have been no problem to have accomplished the tunneling described.

working rag and chain pump.jpg

Rag and chain
Rag and chain pumps were constructed from a series of interconnecting wooden pipes, made from hollowed out logs that reached all the way down to the lowest point of the mine. An endless chain (looped so it could be continuously pulled round and round) with balls of rags attached at intervals was pulled up through the pipe, drawing the water up with it in a continual flow.

uzzard

Apr 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ robot

your whole theory falls apart as soon as you mention flood tunnels.......many other problems but as I stated earlier not worthy of debate

you try and defend your theory with smoke and mirrors...........I enjoy reading theories about oak island and some have been strong enough to change my opinion of what actually went on there.You cherry pick tid bits from a source and refuse to accept anything negative towards your theory from the exact same source.

I have watched you do this many times here, one example.......you tried to support it with a pot belly stove found under a rock......when it became clear a pot belly stove was invented well outside your timeline....after much argument by you even in the face of mountains of evidence of when it could have first been placed under that rock.You decided the people who found the stove mis-identified it and it still works with your theory...........but this is the best you can do with a weak theory such as yours.

What if.....maybe......could be ......we don't know ......is not what a solid theory is based on.Many people on here have a theory that I may not agree with but they have some points that are not easily dismissed.Most of these people will admit there are certain parts of the mystery that they simply don't know or even have a good guess.You are about the only one I know who has it all figured out and refuse to accept good solid evidence when it does not fit as you want it to.

when you start a post with "this came to us 3rd hand" and end with "this supports my theory".........Do you think people are just going to accept this.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you really want to open up that "Pot Belly Stove"?

@ robot

your whole theory falls apart as soon as you mention flood tunnels.......many other problems but as I stated earlier not worthy of debate

you try and defend your theory with smoke and mirrors...........I enjoy reading theories about oak island and some have been strong enough to change my opinion of what actually went on there.You cherry pick tid bits from a source and refuse to accept anything negative towards your theory from the exact same source.

I have watched you do this many times here, one example.......you tried to support it with a pot belly stove found under a rock......when it became clear a pot belly stove was invented well outside your timeline....after much argument by you even in the face of mountains of evidence of when it could have first been placed under that rock.You decided the people who found the stove mis-identified it and it still works with your theory...........but this is the best you can do with a weak theory such as yours.

What if.....maybe......could be ......we don't know ......is not what a solid theory is based on.Many people on here have a theory that I may not agree with but they have some points that are not easily dismissed.Most of these people will admit there are certain parts of the mystery that they simply don't know or even have a good guess.You are about the only one I know who has it all figured out and refuse to accept good solid evidence when it does not fit as you want it to.

when you start a post with "this came to us 3rd hand" and end with "this supports my theory".........Do you think people are just going to accept this.

Geez...

"A Wise Man asks questions to Learn... A Fool to show his Foolishness..."

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,266
Last edited:

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's none of my business but shouldn't you add all the facts together and then see where it takes you. If it does not support your theory then you need to find another theory. The problem with this story is that many of the facts are " manufactured facts ". My theory doesn't fit into the common thoughts but i don't add or subtract from it or to it.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
What is your Theory?

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The (Untold) Story of The Oak Island Money Pit

The (Untold) Story of The Oak Island Money Pit

The Oak Island Money Pit was constructed by the “powers that be” that were and still are to this day, the secret force that controls the course of mankind on earth.
This organization is known as - The “Freemasons”.

The story of The Oak Island Money Pit begins in the 1760’s
It was conceived by a number of Britain’s high ranking naval officers, who were also Masonic degree members of the Freemasons and belonging to the Masonic “Premier Grand Lodge of England”.
These Masons were members of the Whig Party opposed to the next successor to the throne, the unstable King George III.
These members were:
Washington Shirley, 5th Earl Ferrers – Vice Admiral - Grand Master of the Masonic Lodge – Premier Grand Lodge of England
George Anson, Baron Anson – Admiral of the Fleet
George Keppel, 3rd Earl of Albemarle - Commander-In-Chief
Augustus Keppel, 1st Viscount Keppel – Rear Admiral – Brother to George Keppel
William Keppel – Lieutenant-General – Brother to George Keppel
George Pocock – Admiral – Commander of the Invasion of Havana
and
Benjamin Franklin – First Grand Master of Pennsylvania who met in 1760 with the Grand Master of England to discuss their plan.

The Mason’s plot originated after King George III’s destruction of the Whig’s political power with his redirection of this power to the Tory Party, and the Mason’s concern of the imminent invasion of England, during the Seven Years’ War, by the joint forces of France and Spain. Spain outlawed all forms of secret organizations, including the Freemasons.

The Mason’s plan was to redirect a fortune to the “New World” (North America), to enable the transfer of the Masonic organization, if and when these fears materialized.
Their plan entailed the capture of Havana in 1762.
Havana’s Morro Castle was the Fort Knox of Spain, holding the South and Central America’s gold supply prior to its shipment to Spain.
The invasion of Havana was under the command of George Keppel, with Admiral George Pocock and Keppel’s two brothers Augustus and William Keppel, commanding the actual attack. They were successful with the capture of Havana and Fort Morro and its unprecedented amount of treasure. They also captured a number of the Spanish Fleet, which was needed to accomplish their plan. Accordingly, Admiral Pocock returned to England with the main English fleet carrying a portion of the treasure, while Augustus and William Keppel along with their crew and Masonic engineers all sworn to secrecy, manned the 8 Spanish Galleons and the 2 British Man of War. This treasure was diverted to a small island off the coast of New England and Nova Scotia now called Oak Island.

At Oak Island the treasure was buried based on the Masonic “Royal Arch” (Enoch’s Temple) consisting of nine arches going down nine levels by way of a main shaft (The Money Pit) which was dug down to the bedrock. From the ninth level another tunnel was constructed which ran back up to a point above the known water level, roughly 20 feet underground and at this point an enormous cavern was built to hold the treasure. The treasure was carted down the main shaft and placed up into this cavern. To conceal their plot they had the 8 Spanish ships dismantled with all the wooden parts not used in the construction of the shaft, tunnels and cavern burnt and all the metal parts (canons, anchors and bolts) were placed at the bottom of the main shaft. Flood tunnels were built out to the ocean to booby trap any treasure seekers attempts to follow down the main shaft. A large stone was placed at the air lock (8th level) as bait to activate the flooding. This stone had strange engravings on it to entice any unworthy treasure seekers to pause and take the bait (stone) away for deciphering, thus allowing time for the tunnels and main shaft to fill with water and be destroyed forever. The Masons knew exactly by their calculated mark above ground where the treasure cavern below ground was located, and could access it by digging down 20 feet.

Once the treasure was secured in the cavern and all the evidence was hidden from the island, it was documented that the Keppels sailed back to England with 2 ships and a small portion of the treasure. They claimed that the remainder of the fleet had sunk in a hurricane on route.

The Masons left several markers on the island to relocate the treasure.
1 large triangle or more precisely a crude Sextant
2 drilled holed stones
1 large stone cross
These combined markers along with the Star Map are used to cross triangulate and a set degree on the sextant point to the “X” where the cavern is today located.

Is the treasure still in this cavern?

I believe it was removed in 1795

One of the three original discoverers of the Money Pit was Daniel McGinnis, who stated he was drawn to the island when he noticed strange lights appearing on the island just prior to his discovery.
These lights were made by the Freemasons when they returned for their treasure.
This Masonic party was headed up by George Washington, President of the United States – acting Grand Master of the Washington DC Masons.

The treasure’s vast fortune was used, as planned, to further the power of the Freemasons in their new world, with them becoming “The New World Order”.

uzzard

Apr 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though it is not worthy of debate I will point out this one little part

"I believe it was removed in 1795
One of the three original discoverers of the Money Pit was Daniel McGinnis, who stated he was drawn to the island when he noticed strange lights appearing on the island just prior to his discovery."

You claim the treasure vault was 20' deep ....OK.....but this is still a fair sized dig .......why didn't McGinnis dig where the fresh dirt would have been?
For some reason he decided to dig in the money pit instead of where a fair sized excavation took place only what the day before?

The whole island is only 150 acres you could easily see every inch of the ground in no time at all.If he saw lights it would narrow the search for the dig area down by a lot..........I already know you will say the masons hid all evidence of their digging the treasure back up.

Which would make no sense at all since they just dug up and left with the treasure ....why would they care anymore about trying to trick people into digging up the money pit and triggering it's booby traps

I also know you will not change your theory for something as common sense as this because you won't for the vast amounts of evidence you have been shown that almost your whole theory is severely flawed.

You claim to have posted your theory all over the internet (this I believe)........yet no one is interested.....have you ever taken time to think why?

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
What happened to the miners after they were done?

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a huge difference between dealing with normal ground water and the water from the ocean water trap tunnels!

There is nothing special about Oak Island and its ground water that has not been experienced by the Cornish Miners.

View attachment 1091827

Rag and chain
Rag and chain pumps were constructed from a series of interconnecting wooden pipes, made from hollowed out logs that reached all the way down to the lowest point of the mine. An endless chain (looped so it could be continuously pulled round and round) with balls of rags attached at intervals was pulled up through the pipe, drawing the water up with it in a continual flow.

Imagine the Tricep workout on that one........dragging sopping wet rags through a tube.

no thanks

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that the McGinnis Crew sure told you guys a good one........

Who was it that 'Found' the money pit?? Oh he saw some green lights.......quite legendary at the time, carrying on the legend of the Freemasons like that for them......

AND he went on to live there afterwards........HMMMMMM?

Maybe they were part of the Freemasons coming to claim their trove, and they were rewarded by being left behind with money to settle there, to "watch after the place" and dig into the pit some more to make people start the chain of events into motion

?? Just a Hunch but they were in on it or paid to do that work.

uzzard

Apr 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1091827

Rag and chain

Early Mining Methods | Cornish Mining World Heritage Site

They used water to power the rag and chain pumps .........once again smoke and mirrors to try and prove your theory.

* also note in the second paragraph down where it is stated that once below the water table removing water became a huge problem.......you yourself said there is nothing special about oak island so why should we not expect huge problems also once they got below the water table.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions