Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eldo...Your last posting pushed this "Thread" over the 108 Thousand Views.

I would say here on this "Thread" it is your best accomplishment so far...Keep up the good work!

Thanks again...Robot

Also there is some really coincidental numerology as the Devotee of the Krishna Consciousness, the Hare Krishna all carry Japa Beads that number 108

I know because it has a perfect triangular nature to it and I use the number in my gear ratios and design differential gearing based around it, as its right in line with fibonacci and golden mean variances.

The alignment is the key to creating a division of the differential forces and becomes a perfect number to use as a base calculation for my Work Bikes

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Then You Know What Happens to "Oak Island Prophets"!

Also there is some really coincidental numerology as the Devotee of the Krishna Consciousness, the Hare Krishna all carry Japa Beads that number 108

I know because it has a perfect triangular nature to it and I use the number in my gear ratios and design differential gearing based around it, as its right in line with fibonacci and golden mean variances.

The alignment is the key to creating a division of the differential forces and becomes a perfect number to use as a base calculation for my Work Bikes

There are "Lots Of Stones On This Island"!

Stoning Prophets.jpg

Please...Just Don't Use The...Freemason's Marker Stones!

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Robot....if they leave something behind for the Sublime Prince to find to become the great Rex Mundi, you can be god d**ned sure that its going to be claimed by him.....

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
For anyone new to this thread, I highly recommend going all the way back to the beginning and starting from there. We cover everything from UFO's to Lovecraftian deities, and only a little bit of it is in jest.

What a television program this subforum would make! History Channel, you there? Are you seeing this?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, please let it be me who tied H.P. Lovecraft in here. :occasion14:

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
With Halloween just around the corner...Oak Island...Has it's own Monsters!

Oak Island can be linked to Rhode Island, but Howard Phillips Lovecraft is not one of these.

Howard Phillips Lovecraft August 20, 1890 – March 15, 1937) was an American author who achieved posthumous fame through his influential works of horror fiction. He was virtually unknown and published only in pulp magazines before he died in poverty, but he is now regarded as one of the most significant 20th-century authors in his genre. Lovecraft was born in Providence, Rhode Island, where he spent most of his life. Among his most celebrated tales are "The Call of Cthulhu"

Oak Island
has more than it's own "Monsters" to worry about... More than what was the "Cthulhu"!

cthulhu_by_disse86-d9tq84i.jpg

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oak Island can be linked to Rhode Island, but Howard Phillips Lovecraft is not one of these.

Howard Phillips Lovecraft August 20, 1890 – March 15, 1937) was an American author who achieved posthumous fame through his influential works of horror fiction. He was virtually unknown and published only in pulp magazines before he died in poverty, but he is now regarded as one of the most significant 20th-century authors in his genre. Lovecraft was born in Providence, Rhode Island, where he spent most of his life. Among his most celebrated tales are "The Call of Cthulhu"

Oak Island
has more than it's own "Monsters" to worry about... More than what was the "Cthulhu"!

View attachment 1509301

Tell us more about your fantasy monsters on Oak Island.....they look cartoon to me. Rick and Morty-ish

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For anyone new to this thread, I highly recommend going all the way back to the beginning and starting from there. We cover everything from UFO's to Lovecraftian deities, and only a little bit of it is in jest.

What a television program this subforum would make! History Channel, you there? Are you seeing this?

Yes, Seriously?

It would actually have more tact to it with massive carvings and a vault to climb into....

Instead all we have are tales of Jeff Irving's attempts to remove my FB page, and the banishing of Petter Amundsen to use to trust the show's main producers to bring us the facts....

Geez why would they try to do that?

Anyone else get a call from one of the show's guests telling them to remove their work online?

No?.... So then does that mean that they are targeting the people that are finding out more than they are? Or that they are trying to make a push to remove parts of the mystery to wipe them out using their media as a basis for their professional opinions?

We get endless stories from the group about new ideas that are popping around.....you even said it yourself Robot

When there already is Finders Keepers at Norumbega/New Ross and then at the same time there are numerous finds elsewhere that lead AWAY from the island that they don't want anyone to see?

They are squelching the facts telling people that they are revealing their LAST surprise......and that there is nothing there?

Pffffft....they haven't even drawn a line from the bottom of the Nolan Cross to the end of the Peninsula to find the other major clue there.......which is another map to another area.

The areas that hold Scott Wolter's favorite Hooked X's....the areas that hold their precious "hidden treasure" the one's that they have no idea even exists.....until someone told them they were holding the keys....

They are a cult at best....and this is a fanatic cult following of the kind of people that invent their own tales of religion and copy and paste theories together to create literature to pass the time reading about the "What If" behind a so called mystery.

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They ignore the religious importance of it because they wanted to spend 15 million to control a part of history for the benefit of the masses of followers that they are milking off of.

They will continue this tragedy far longer than their game on history channel exists.....and so will the pathetic excuse for Travel and Tourism promotions that the province of Nova Scotia and Canada have tried to bring to the table for an economic interest

.....the whole internet is alive with the lie....lol....I'll gladly give it its due myself, for the simple insults that they bring to the religious orders that founded the State and Republic that I live in.....the ones that are home to these troves.....lol

As there is nothing found on Oak Island just like the Geraldo Rivera Scam that was made into one of the first "Internationally Televised Treasure Hunts".

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"There Be Monsters There!"

Tell us more about your fantasy monsters on Oak Island.....they look cartoon to me. Rick and Morty-ish

Pirates  2 -  There be Monsters.jpg

Going back to the start of this "Thread" it was explained why the original "Depositor's" used stories of "Monsters and Ghosts" to dissuade any "Inquisitive Minds" from venturing onto "Oak Island".

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Eldo...I will give you...One clue!

Illuminati Symbol.jpg

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used

Get a load of this guy! Pretending that he doesn't know who brought Lovecraft into this. :laughing7:

Valliant effort.

Perhaps what lies beneath Oak Island is a formerly unknown device constructed by the Deep Ones (nod to H.P. Lovecraft) that causes men to become obsessed with greed and longing to be near it. Buried to protect us from our own weaknesses.

Get ready for the voice of the Cthulhu or the flutes of Nyarlathotep when it is finally set free. The Dunwich Horror walks on Oak Island!

Or even the outer gods; Yog-Sothoth. * gasp * All is lost!

Flee, Flee! Madness!

View attachment 1113191

From back on page ten, or something like that.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used

Read about them yourself. Lovecraft's works are in the public domain now, IIRC. They're technically free. (However, anyone going through the trouble of producing them - either on paper or electronically - are going to want a bit of money for their time. So while not exactly free, they are pretty inexpensive.)

Lovecraft was one of the more imaginative and talented horror writers of the 20th century. The genius of his work was that he got down into the tropes of fiction with regards to antagonists (man against man, man against nature, man against the unknown), and then he combined them. While his stories meandered a bit over the decades, the underlying antagonists were the Old Ones, a group of superdimensional beings that will eventually destroy the universe. People sometimes help them for a variety of reasons (man against man), but they don't need that help. The fact that their mission is inevitable is driven home repeatedly, and while the protagonist may win the battle (often at the cost of their own sanity), the results of the war cannot be changed. The nature/unknown issue comes into play due to the nature of the Old Ones themselves: they are not evil and do not hate humanity, but they exist to destroy all and must eventually succeed. There is no malice involved on their part, as they are simply doing what they were meant to do. It's hinted (but not explained) that even they don't know why this is, and they likely do not care that they don't know. Their rationale cannot be comprehended by humans and, in fact, generally drives humans insane when they attempt to understand it.

Good fiction and well worth reading, if you're not put off by slightly stilted language, unabashed anglophilia, and not a little bit of racism. Lovecraft was a product of his time.

Anyone else get a call from one of the show's guests telling them to remove their work online?

Not me. If I don't recognize the number, it goes to voice mail. If they want to contact me via the internet, I'm pretty easy to find. Of course, I'm posting under my real name and most here don't, which makes me wonder how they're getting the numbers of people who post anonymously in the first place, unless those people had already contacted them and directed them to their online works...

Or not. I don't really have an opinion. They didn't talk to me. Of course, I didn't talk to them either.

No?.... So then does that mean that they are targeting the people that are finding out more than they are? Or that they are trying to make a push to remove parts of the mystery to wipe them out using their media as a basis for their professional opinions?

And here's where I step off from this conversation. It's getting a bit too hard to wrap my mind around and I don't want to have dreams about underwater cities where the geometry is all wrong. That path leads to madness, as does being overly concerned with hooked X's and the guy promoting them.

Cthulhu fhtagn, Eldo.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not me. If I don't recognize the number, it goes to voice mail. If they want to contact me via the internet, I'm pretty easy to find. Of course, I'm posting under my real name and most here don't, which makes me wonder how they're getting the numbers of people who post anonymously in the first place, unless those people had already contacted them and directed them to their online works...

Or not. I don't really have an opinion. They didn't talk to me. Of course, I didn't talk to them either.

And here's where I step off from this conversation. It's getting a bit too hard to wrap my mind around and I don't want to have dreams about underwater cities where the geometry is all wrong. That path leads to madness, as does being overly concerned with hooked X's and the guy promoting them.

Cthulhu fhtagn, Eldo.

>>?<< as for understanding anything you complained about you sure made it harder at the end to understand anything.....

Any guess as to what Dave is saying
?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The topic is Oak Island: the strange, the bizarre, and maybe the truth.

Cthulhu is about middle scale most likely for some of the hypotheses in this thread. ;-)

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For what it's worth, the show has provided some tidbits of information for folks like me who are interested in the history of this province beyond the French and English, which have long been the only narratives and, therefore, only part of the story. The very presence of oak fibres, which may or may not have been used for filtration, may suggest some sort of stopover/layover presence of ships - the question remains as to whose ships they may have been. If there are aitifacts uncovered, there may be value in those. If, for example, items of Spanish or Portuguese origin are found, that could revise the historical narrative of this province, which is long overdue. While the quest is for treasure of an economic kind, there are those of us in this province and elsewhere who view the notion of "treasure" as multi-faceted in its meaning. I make no qualms about admitting that I am on the trail of the Portuguese and I'd be over the moon if some artifact of that nature were discovered on this island. There is a Knights of Christ presence all over early exploration of the New World and my wish list of any "treasure" would include confirmation of that. I do confess, however, that I"m not holding my breath.

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
More fantasies that have nothing to do with the topic...go figure

Well, this forum does tend to veer into the fiction section on occasion. I simply made a reference to good fiction.

What shall we discuss next? Templars? Freemasons? Vortices? Shoggoths? I love a good story, regardless of the topic. 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread