Oak Island Tours for 2019 are sold out already!

goldnsilver

Jun 25, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID
Vintage 1980's
Whites Goldmaster
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you had planned on a trip to Nova Scotia for an Oak Island tour this year you will need to get on the waiting list. It looks like the 2019 tour dates
sold out quickly. So far the listed dates are on Saturday's and Sunday's allowing for work at Oak Island thru the week. Tickets went on sale
around March 1st. The Michigan Group signed a new Oak Island contract with the parties concerned in Feb. 2019.

Friends of Oak Island Society runs two tours a day, 10 am and 2:30 pm. They take groups of 125 persons and the adult ticket is $20.
Oak Island Tours, Inc. (Charles Barkhouse) runs two tours a day, 10 am and 2 pm. They take groups of 50 persons and the adult ticket is $30.

Friends of Oak Island Society & Oak Island Tours, Inc. do alternating week-ends. Tours are 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

Check their websites for more information.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Now... That Is Treasure!

So 800$ a day just in tours alone.

Memories...Are A Form Of...Treasure!

Treasure 2.jpg

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gosh.

I guess I'll just have to stop by the gravel quarry down the road instead for entertainment.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i have some cool stuff i would like to drop and wait to see what they say it is.guess i will have to wait till next year
brad

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for one would not mind going to oak island and looking in the empty hole. It is now part of history. The biggest wild goose chase on earth to date

OP
OP
G

goldnsilver

Jun 25, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID
Vintage 1980's
Whites Goldmaster
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So 800$ a day just in tours alone.

A little more than $800 a day.

Friends of Oak Island Society: 125 persons x 2 tours a day x $20 a ticket = $5,000 a day
Oak Island Tours: 50 persons x 2 tours a day x $30 a ticket = $3,000 a day

This could be the first groups to work Oak Island and not come away empty handed

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I might consider it if the tour staff dressed as Knight's Templar and did a can-can routine to a zany Oak Island theme song.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Friends of Oak Island Society: 125 persons x 2 tours a day x $20 a ticket = $5,000 a day

This could be the first groups to work Oak Island and not come away empty handed

But split 18 or so ways!

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
Thanks, I dropped a zero! THat's what you get for typing on a smartphone, wearing gloves, while taking a break scooping out stalls! LOL.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Instead, I'll go metal detecting at the local elementary school. This will cost me nothing but my time, I will turn up more items of value than 2+ centuries of digging at Oak Island has, and seven people will not have to die for this to happen as a bonus.

It'll be a great day for everyone not trying to profit from Oak Island.

If I want memories, I'll go on a road trip this weekend, which is actually what I'll be doing.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, $8000 a day (plus I wouldn't doubt if you can buy souvenir maps, books, pics, artifacts etc). $8000 a day and lets say its open 180 days a year, thats 1,440,000.00! A cool Million and a half a year with some of the lowest overhead in a business you could find(a few tour guides, maybe some liability insurance and a small museum/gift shop with cashier). That plus their show contract money. There really is an incentive to perpetuate the Myth....

Last edited:

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, $8000 a day (plus I wouldn't doubt if you can buy souvenir maps, books, pics, artifacts etc). $8000 a day and lets say its open 180 days a year, thats 1,440,000.00! A cool Million and a half a year with some of the lowest overhead in a business you could find(a few tour guides, maybe some liability insurance and a small museum/gift shop with cashier). That plus their show contract money. There really is an incentive to perpetuate the Myth....

$1.5 million would cover 1.5 Can-holes. Clearly someone else will still fund the operations.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$1.5 million would cover 1.5 Can-holes. Clearly someone else will still fund the operations.

Oak Island, the reality series, is a for profit production, that averages 2.6 million viewers per week. With those viewers comes paid advertisers. Money is no longer an obstacle to digging all the holes they want....

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
even the non believers that keep watching the show are helping to continue the show so they can keep complaining about the show.. Got to love how that works... Thank you!!!

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm all for a good open conversation about the island. What burns my tail is people mainly skeptics that speak as if what they say is a fact and we know it's not. Like when they say it is proven that the MP never was there. I don't believe that but heck might be true but they don't know that for a fact!!!! Yes I can't prove it was and never said I could, but they can't prove it wasn't there.. Not many people had a camera back in 1795 to be taking pics of anything...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and based on the skeptics want as evidence, It's impossible to give them proof, and they know that..

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Its weekends ONLY and every other weekend per group, during the touring season, so your math is WAY off.

Lets say its a 6 month season, thats 26 weekends x $8,000 = $208,000 a year total between both companies. Subtract business expenses and taxes at about 75% (high estimate) and your left with around $52,000 to share between the two companies, maybe 31k for one and 21k for the other. Thats great money for only working two days a week during the summer but not enough to live off of

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread