OBAMA TO REPLACE KENNEDY ON THE HALF DOLLAR

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
i think the fed needs to start melting some of these down.i'm tired of going through box after box of these and finding nothing!!i mean if i could find a commemorative or one from the 1800's once in a while it would make life worth living for.you know what i mean?nobody even wants to use them in circulation anyways.a lot of these the edges are so worn the machine wont even take them.i think the half dollar needs a new image.any thoughts for a boring winter day?

Upvote 0

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It will happen soon enough. Your grandkids will live on Obama Blvd., go to Obama Elementary School, spend Obama halves to buy Obama postage stamps and have a day off every year for Obama's Birthday. Count on it!

Oh, and I forgot all the Obama Public Libraries.....

Don Griffith

May 2, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT, Vibra Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANYBODY but Obama! How about ME? I'm more American than he is!!!!!!
If I've offended anyone,well,I hate it...Good day.

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does Carter have his face on any coinage? Does Clinton? I think the next president that has a shot at that kind of recognition is Ronald Reagan.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Like u said nobody uses them in circulation anymore...other than some of us CRHer's....and they aren't even minted for circulation anymore so they might just as well discontinue them. I think the 50th anniversary of the JFK half dollar would be a good time for a nice farewell. That might increase the value of the NIFC's a little that some of us have been saving too lol. And there's no sense in replacing them with another design for the same reasons I just stated. Besides, the mint already wastes too much money now minting debased clad coins. And the Fed prints way too many worthless U.S. dollars too which is a much bigger problem but I wont start my rant about that lol.

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As much as two of the above three men have done for the economy as well as helping to insure the dominance of American technology, I don't think they rise to the same level as Ben Franklin, taking into account the time in which they lived.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How about Neil Armstrong? I think it's sent the right message of science, exploration and bravery. Especially since he recently passed it'd be a nice commemoration I think.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Ben Franklin is much more deserving to be on real U.S. coinage than virtually anyone else in American history. But it's probably a good thing that his image was discontinued on the half dollar when it was. He believed and understood in sound money and it even states on the U.S. Constitution which he signed that only gold and silver should be used as money. So putting his image on modern day debased clad coins would be inappropriate and somewhat of an injustice to him and the principles in which he believed in. So maybe for that reason alone I might be in support of the OP's suggestion. Or maybe better yet the Fed should start printing $1,000, $10,000 or $100,000 Obama bills. That would actually be much more appropriate. Or maybe they could replace just Ben Franklin with Obama on the $100 bill lol.

Last edited:

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Bought 2 of them from garage sales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ben Franklin is much more deserving to be on real U.S. coinage than virtually anyone else in American history. But it's probably a good thing that his image was discontinued on the half dollar when it was. He believed and understood in sound money and it even states on the U.S. Constitution which he signed that only gold and silver should be used as money. So putting his image on modern day debased clad coins would be inappropriate and somewhat of an injustice to him and the principles in which he believed in. So maybe for that reason alone I might be in support of the OP's suggestion. Or maybe better yet the Fed should start printing $1,000, $10,000 or $100,000 Obama bills. That would actually be much more appropriate. Or maybe they could replace just Ben Franklin with Obama on the $5 bill lol.

They should at least bring back the $500 bills back into circulation!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clinton did a great job for our economy, maybe him?? How about someone who went to the moon, like Neil Armstrong??
Fun thread !!

Keep @ it and HH !!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I had to refresh my memory on the US presidents on US currency and it seems rather ironic and appropriate that Woodrow Wilson who was responsible for the Federal Reserve Act and creating the income tax used to be on the $100,000 bill. This also reminds me just how disgraceful it is to have George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin on U.S currency. None of those men believed in a fiat currency system and if they were alive today they would be loudest critics against having their images used in support of such a corrupt and destructive monetary system.

It's bad enough that we have completely abandoned the principles of the U.S Constitution but allowing the images of our founding fathers to be used to help support the corruption and destruction of our economy and our country with our current unconstitutional monetary system is disgraceful and inexcusable.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom Brady should be on all currency, coins and bills, and his face should be watermarked as security features on checks and money orders as well

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread