Obamacare ... Advertising?

What would be really amazing is if we find out that OUR TAX DOLLARS are paying for those ads! Private funds, other than the stupidity of the ads (Don't worry about what idiotic things you do, you have insurance!), I really would have nothing to say ...

Federal or even State funding would be a real problem in my book.

Anyone know about their funding sources? Nothing much about that on their website, in fact it literally made me want to vomit!

People like this should be packed up and shipped where ever they think life is better --- just not in this society. Real bunch of sickos!

"Thanks Obama!" Really? BARF!!!

Jersy your the last one who I thought you'd admit this.

people who use Obamacare are too stupid to care for themselves. your quote.

Lets back it up a minute everyone:

Pro-Obamacare ads targeting millennials stir controversy in Colorado - The Denver Post

I got so caught up in the ridiculousness of the ad, that I failed to check the source. I assumed it was an anti-obamacare ad...

Turns out, plot twist style, that it is from a REAL site designed by "ProgressNow Colorado" to promote obamacare.

I really hope this turns out to be some sort of hoax because those ads really are disturbing. You guys even assumed it was satire - which says alot!

Seems you were right to begin with, ads were designed for stupid people, they were designed for Obamacare.

What does the content of the "satirical ad" in the original post have to do with Obamacare?

It is a stretch, at best. IMO, the ad is quite immature and basically implies that people who use Obamacare are too stupid to care for themselves.

It is really an anti-obamacare ad. If that is satire then it is a pathetic attempt. Out of all the arguments against obamacare, the above ad doesnt really hit on any of them.

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

Not sure why the last 2 posts were designed to attack me. Very cheap shots.

I already admitted to my mistake in post # 13.

The IRONY is that normally, I am accusing you guys of posting satire as real articles. This time, a real article/source was posted as satire. The content was so ridiculous that I believed it to be satire. Initially, I did not investigate the source.

After curiosoity got the better oif me, I investigated the source to learn it was a real site by a pro-Obamacare group.

I stand by any comment I previously made. I am NOT flip flopping my opinions. I am critical of this ad campaign even if it was designed by a pro-Obamacare group. It is still ridiculous.

WRONG THREAD!!!

Not talking about fixing Lucifer care, we're talking about the ads his zombies have

On the other hand.. The fix in the speech had nothing to do with fixing it. It breaks the law and delays it for ONE year so that the populace will be asleep for the midterms.. I wonder how he is going to force them to reinstate coverage that they had to do away with because of the law? This is definitely Orwellian.

I didn't believe it when I heard that it was real ... was on Rush Limbaugh's show this morning ... are you telling me these are NOT Satire???

yeah but rush said obama put them out, I bet they are from the right.

OK since no mod is near, you two should knock it off. You know how it always ends.

your are the one who keeps spouting off about satan...not me...

thanks for proving my point.

Once again, off topic. I do wish a mod would clean this up.

Jeff, if you find where I have attacked anyone on this thread, please post the comment. Unless you can post such, I believe an apology is in order.

Pippen loves to derail posts by trying to change the subject. That is not acceptable behavior.

The ads were produced by Progressnow Colorado, a VERY LEFTIST ORGANIZATION. Just go to their site, check out the "contact" info and call for your self or check with the state of Colorado.

Do not accuse me of lying as I thought the whole thing was a farce ... but it isn't. Was on several of the mainstream news cast over the last few days.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bruce**...nding-on-obamacare-may-make-don-draper-blush/

"As states and the U.S. government prepare to market health plans to the uninsured, a feeding frenzy has begun among advertising and marketing agencies clamoring to get a portion of promotional spending that could reach billions of dollars.

The potential windfall to ad, PR and marketing shops could run into the hundreds of millions of dollars just from government business alone to market the online marketplaces where consumers will begin enrolling in health plans on Oct. 1 of this year. And once ad dollars from private health insurance giants like Aetna AET +1.74% (AET), Cigna CI +1.05% (CI), Humana HUM +0.92% (HUM), UnitedHealth Group UNH +0.61% (UNH) and Blue Cross plans are included from their efforts to reach a new market of uninsured, the ad spending could reach into the billions of dollars.
4 In 5 Employers Penalize, Reward To Coax Better Health Bruce ****en Contributor
A snapshot of the spending on everything from television and radio to billboards and social media can be seen in President Obama’s home state of Illinois where just this week more than a dozen marketing, advertising and public relations shops emerged in the bidding war for marketing contracts to educate Illinois residents on that state’s insurance exchange, known as the Illinois Health Insurance Marketplace where uninsured will buy policies later this year. Here’s a link to all federal grants, including funds for marketing, that have been allocated to states across the country by the Obama administration to set up their marketplaces.
The Illinois marketing budget could reach $30 million to $35 million, a spokesman for Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn said. The list of bidders for just that chunk of money includes some of the biggest names in the public relations and marketing business like Fleishman-Hillard, Golin Harris and J. Walter Thompson, according to an Associated Press report earlier this week.
And that’s just the marketing and advertising. The $30 million to $35 million comes from a federal grant worth $115 million that will also include funds Illinois can direct toward community groups and other organizations for various outreach about the marketplace. The grant also includes $4 million for a call center and millions of dollars more that is being set aside if the state has to build its own web site (Illinois’ exchange will be operated and created by the federal government until its legislature comes to agreement on how a state exchange will be set up)."

Care to see how much each state received as a grant for starting this thing up?

Creating a New Competitive Health Insurance Marketplace - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services

I read through tthe posts. This threads points out the shear lack of any common sense by the left. It is right there, just read the disgusting advertisement. It is offensive on so many levels to millions of people. The whole point of the add is to shove it in peoples face who have morals.

Then the lefties on this site show their true colors to boot. - How sad.

When your side makes a poor judgment call, don't stick up for them. Call them out on it. Sheesh people......common sense.

I read through tthe posts. This threads points out the shear lack of any common sense by the left. It is right there, just read the disgusting advertisement. It is offensive on so many levels to millions of people. The whole point of the add is to shove it in peoples face who have morals.

Then the lefties on this site show their true colors to boot. - How sad.

When your side makes a poor judgment call, don't stick up for them. Call them out on it. Sheesh people......common sense.

As I said to the nice lady at the Healthcare.gov telephone number when she told me I should do a paper application and submit it: "That would be doubling down on stupid."

Apparently, that is the liberal way...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back