Observatory Hunt

titaniumsalute04

Aug 5, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
At Pro w/ stock and 5x8 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got permission to hunt an early 1960's observatory today. Being a member helped. Astronomy is one of my main hobbies at the moment. Found a couple of wheaty's, a 1956 and 1941. Most all of the clad was 60's and 70's. Also found my first jewelry piece, a sterling silver heart pendant. The best part of the day was when I got home and my three year old little girl ran to me screaming, "I found treasure!" She found that arrowhead in our back yard. She loves detecting with me so now she's always looking for treasure everywhere she goes. Pretty good day for me, even though my little girl kicked my butt. The belt buckle I found a few weeks ago at the local park. Just figured I'd throw that in. God bless!

IMG_3638.JPG IMG_3801.JPG IMG_3802.JPG IMG_3805.JPG IMG_3807.JPG worley.jpg

Upvote 4

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real cool! First I've heard of someone hunting an observatory. Some good finds to! But, I have to agree about the butt kicking! Lol! That is a fantastic find made by your daughter! And in the back yard? I think I might be hunting there also! At 3, your going to have some real competition on your hands in a few years! Congrats

oldsmith

Mar 13, 2014
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold, Garrett propointer, teknetics t2 se, tessoro sand shark,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds, sounds like your daughter has the eye for this stuff at such a young age. Lifetime of memories for you and your family.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread