Chicken4U2

Jul 27, 2009
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ocean City, NJ beach & water finds w/F2

Since I enjoy looking at other people's finds on here, I figured it was about time I began to contribute also, even if my latest hunt wasn't all that. The in-laws rented a condo in OC again this year, so I decided to see what the little Fisher F2 could do. At first I was scared to get it wet, but finally I said the heck with it, we are going in! Suprisingly enough, in knee deep water it still picked up targets, but had a constant chatter of false foil signals the whole time. I was always too shy to do the beach thing, but now I'm hooked...water proof detector and scoop coming up next! ;D

The loot...$13 exact in change, silver ring & necklace pendant, poor Johnny's toy spade, anaphlactic tag, and tons of trash that kept filling my pockets.

Attachments

• IMG_2477.JPG
    IMG_2477.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 648
Upvote 0

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Re: Ocean City, NJ beach & water finds w/F2

Ahhhh don't be shy! Now that you've started posting I look forward to many more. WTG on your recent finds.

Stickmarsh

May 17, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur & Sovereign

My dog Jack says, "Welcome aboard! Enjoyed reading your post."

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think I saw you on the beaches there.. late afternoon, early evening.. walking up and down in straight lines.. it was the only f2 I saw.. you were quite a distance away from me, but saw a fellow hunter and said you were using the f2.. betcha it was you...

awesome hunt.. congrats.

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,

Man that's a lot of digging. Welcome to the forum. Keep up the great finds.

OP
OP
C

Chicken4U2

Jul 27, 2009
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the welcome everybody. Hopefully I will have some worthwhile finds in the near future.

Bootybay said:
I think I saw you on the beaches there.. late afternoon, early evening.. walking up and down in straight lines.. it was the only f2 I saw.. you were quite a distance away from me, but saw a fellow hunter and said you were using the f2.. betcha it was you...

awesome hunt.. congrats.

lol I bet it was...I was like a little kid at the beach for the first time, digging up a storm. I remember seeing what appeared to be a lady up by the next lifeguard stand. I too spoke to another hunter, who was using an Explorer II, and I saw him chatting with you also. I almost walked over to you, but I didn't want to be a bother to anybody. It's impressive how clean they keep that beach.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome, you did well. Give us a close one of the ring if you can. WTG :headbang:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Grick_Sie_Gedu said:
Thanks for the welcome everybody. Hopefully I will have some worthwhile finds in the near future.

Bootybay said:

awesome hunt.. congrats.

lol I bet it was...I was like a little kid at the beach for the first time, digging up a storm. I remember seeing what appeared to be a lady up by the next lifeguard stand. I too spoke to another hunter, who was using an Explorer II, and I saw him chatting with you also. I almost walked over to you, but I didn't want to be a bother to anybody. It's impressive how clean they keep that beach.

yeppers that was me. you looked so engrossed in your hunting I didnt wanna bother ya.. so next time ya see a lady with a minelab baseball cap on and a pony tail.. its me..lol

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I like y'alls beaches. I haven't hit $5 in clad in 2 months. Nice bunch of finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread