What's new

Oct 6th hunt one arrowhead and knifes

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
19,212
Reaction score
12,627
Golden Thread
1
Location
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Radar just showed one small green blob when I headed out this morning but it stalled and rained till noon on me. I wear glasses to hunt and bet I only say one fourth of what was there. Had fun got muddy and soaked. Here are my finds. Average stuff. It is hard to show how small the one arrowhead(Hamilton) is.Glad to see the Copena triangular show up. Thanks for looking and happy hunting.
TnMtns

100_4029.webp100_4030.webp100_4018.webp100_4020.webp100_4023.webp100_4024.webp
 
Upvote 0
Those are some nice finds. I know it felt good getting out but sorry it rained on you. I went the other day and got skunked. Still had fun though.
 
Thanks Rock. It is a fun hobby for sure. I need to get serious and go harvest 5 or 6 deer pretty soon.:hello:
 
Nice rain finds... That litter one doesn't even make it off either side of your finger. You must do real well without the sprinkler on.
 
Those look just like the ones I got from the Antique store. Same striking and everything. What period do you believe they are from?
 
Nice rain finds... That litter one doesn't even make it off either side of your finger. You must do real well without the sprinkler on.

I bet I missed a bunch. It was run and gun. These came off about 8 miles and maybe 20 camp sites. I did not have much time. Tons of flakes and brokes. That little one was named after the county I live in. Thanks.
 
Those look just like the ones I got from the Antique store. Same striking and everything. What period do you believe they are from?

Well if they are from the south east it is typical material minus any fort payne chert. The black material is similar to some Virginia stuff also. They are from multi component sites rock. The little one could be 500 years old as it was a real arrowhead the copena could be 4000 years old not really typed the stemmers yet.Not uncommon to find paleo with the more modern stuff. A good camp site was timeless.Why most cities are right on top of the best sites : ). But if you look close you will see different flaking styles like random,oblique,Lateral and transverse . I need to learn more about that though[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] ....[/FONT]
 
Good looking finds Tnmountains. That little Hamilton is sweet and made from some really nice material too. The other Points are really nice as well. Congrats on the very productive hunt and thanks for sharing them with us.
 
Not average, great stuff that many people would love to find.
 
Thanks Grim and Austin. I enjoy sharing them and felt like I owed you guys a hunt : ).
 
Nice finds. I think I picked up a cousin to the point on the right in photo 5. When I first saw yours I had to pull mine out to compare. Yours looks to be larger but otherwise they sure look similar.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0044.webp
    DSC_0044.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20121001_081418.webp
    IMG_20121001_081418.webp
    28.7 KB · Views: 152
Nice finds. I think I picked up a cousin to the point on the right in photo 5. When I first saw yours I had to pull mine out to compare. Yours looks to be larger but otherwise they sure look similar.
They do resemble each other for sure. It is cool here think I will get the metal detector out and go dig some civil war bullets.
Have a good one T Witko and keep Steve out of trouble.
 
Nice finds Richard. Glad to see you posting pictures!! Good luck with your deer season...ours has been open for 3 weeks. I shot a doe on Sept 20 and was lucky enough to take an antelope with archery tackle in Wyoming so I've got a good start on my years table fare.
 
Nice finds Richard. Glad to see you posting pictures!! Good luck with your deer season...ours has been open for 3 weeks. I shot a doe on Sept 20 and was lucky enough to take an antelope with archery tackle in Wyoming so I've got a good start on my years table fare.

Chris how I would love to have some antelope. I always enjoy a change of pace. :) Taking one with a bow is incredible for sure. Stalk,, or blind and water hole ?
You are the man with a bow!! haha I did get my 13 pointer back from my taxidermist last week not killed anything yet but time open 3 weeks here also. Hunt safe.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom