S Still Waters Jr. Member Joined Nov 12, 2009 Messages 57 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Nov 24, 2009 #1 I found this piece of brass/bronze/copper in an old field. Dimensions are: 34mm tall 18mm wide 15mm deep There is a 5mm thick piece of wood running the legnth of the object. I have no idea what this is or was. Any ideas? Thank you, Still Waters Attachments brassy.webp 41.6 KB · Views: 921
I found this piece of brass/bronze/copper in an old field. Dimensions are: 34mm tall 18mm wide 15mm deep There is a 5mm thick piece of wood running the legnth of the object. I have no idea what this is or was. Any ideas? Thank you, Still Waters
DCMatt Gold Member Joined Oct 12, 2006 Messages 10,485 Reaction score 13,791 Golden Thread 0 Location Herndon Virginia Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Dec 7, 2009 #21 This item looks like African art to me. Warriors with spear and shield... If the hole goes all the way through, it could have been part of anything. DCMatt Upvote 0
This item looks like African art to me. Warriors with spear and shield... If the hole goes all the way through, it could have been part of anything. DCMatt
capndan151 Hero Member Joined Apr 29, 2007 Messages 526 Reaction score 12 Golden Thread 0 Location Costa Mesa CA Detector(s) used Whites DFX Dec 7, 2009 #22 candle holder? Upvote 0
F frogwizard Guest Dec 8, 2009 #23 Maybe a letter opener handle? Attachments letter opener.webp 29.1 KB · Views: 305 Upvote 0
johnnyi Bronze Member Joined Jul 4, 2009 Messages 1,887 Reaction score 146 Golden Thread 0 Location new jersey Detector(s) used minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Dec 15, 2009 #24 Still waters, is that compacted mud that was around the dowel, or is that solid brass all the way to the dowel? Upvote 0
Still waters, is that compacted mud that was around the dowel, or is that solid brass all the way to the dowel?
S Still Waters Jr. Member Joined Nov 12, 2009 Messages 57 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Dec 15, 2009 Thread Owner #25 I cleaned off all the mud and dirt prior to taking the photographs. The dowel was in there very tight and I had a hard time getting it out initially. Still Waters Upvote 0
I cleaned off all the mud and dirt prior to taking the photographs. The dowel was in there very tight and I had a hard time getting it out initially. Still Waters