J JohnB89 Tenderfoot Joined Jun 9, 2021 Messages 2 Reaction score 3 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 9, 2021 #1 I found these two big rocks in southern Ontario when I was a kid. They were buried approx 1-2? under the ground. Rock dimensions: L=2? OD=1? Attachments CB29B5D5-B7A7-4BE6-9169-18BA71D9CF8F.webp 615.8 KB · Views: 124 7B10BE7E-D7CD-4805-88FD-45B68F87A99E.webp 561.6 KB · Views: 115 268C05C4-CB91-4EC5-B3EB-05929E347EA5.webp 1.6 MB · Views: 122 2F6EE68B-51FC-4CAD-8337-FBE240297EB0.webp 258 KB · Views: 101
I found these two big rocks in southern Ontario when I was a kid. They were buried approx 1-2? under the ground. Rock dimensions: L=2? OD=1?
Dougie Webb Sr. Member Joined Jun 14, 2019 Messages 424 Reaction score 805 Golden Thread 0 Location Stone Mountain, Georgia Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jun 9, 2021 #2 To my untrained eye, they both look like quartz-muscovite schist. The first has some nice crystals. Bust it open and see if there are more! Welcome to TreasureNet! Upvote 0
To my untrained eye, they both look like quartz-muscovite schist. The first has some nice crystals. Bust it open and see if there are more! Welcome to TreasureNet!
J JohnB89 Tenderfoot Joined Jun 9, 2021 Messages 2 Reaction score 3 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 10, 2021 Thread Owner #3 Thanks Dougie! Upvote 0
unclemac Gold Member Joined Oct 12, 2011 Messages 8,033 Reaction score 9,228 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Jun 10, 2021 #4 agree, schist Upvote 0
Dougie Webb Sr. Member Joined Jun 14, 2019 Messages 424 Reaction score 805 Golden Thread 0 Location Stone Mountain, Georgia Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jun 11, 2021 #5 JohnB89 said: Thanks Dougie! Click to expand... My pleasure. I've always loved collecting rocks, but ever since I got back into detecting, my interest has really taken off! Upvote 0
JohnB89 said: Thanks Dougie! Click to expand... My pleasure. I've always loved collecting rocks, but ever since I got back into detecting, my interest has really taken off!
C crashbandicoot Gold Member Joined Sep 27, 2020 Messages 12,416 Reaction score 27,529 Golden Thread 0 Location Dumas,AR Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 11, 2021 #6 Lot of schist comes out of Moscow!Sorry,couldn,t help myself and I,m currently unsupervised. Upvote 0
xaos Bronze Member Joined Jul 3, 2018 Messages 1,065 Reaction score 2,303 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 12, 2021 #7 Big piece of schist you have there! Upvote 0
I islamoradamark Silver Member Joined Aug 26, 2016 Messages 3,650 Reaction score 3,995 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 13, 2021 #8 Every rock tells a story Upvote 0