What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Is this jade?

Fodegrass

Full Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2023
Messages
152
Reaction score
74
Golden Thread
0
This is a cut flat piece of rock that weighs 10 grams, dimensions 3 cm,2 cm, .7 cm. At first when I found the stone there was white substance in it which become invisible when the stone was immersed in water and then it again appeared once the stone was dried, then I immersed it in distilled water for 1 hour after which the white substance disappeared even when it was dry.
 

Attachments

  • PSX_20250930_161458.webp
    PSX_20250930_161458.webp
    151.1 KB · Views: 72
  • PSX_20250930_161543.webp
    PSX_20250930_161543.webp
    70.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 20250930_184104.webp
    20250930_184104.webp
    61.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 20250930_184058.webp
    20250930_184058.webp
    59.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 20250930_184245.webp
    20250930_184245.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 55
The surface is smooth while the images I uploaded are deceptive since it appears rough
 
Upvote 0
It cannot scratch glass and steel knife can scratch it so it is not jade
 
Upvote 0
Image under sunlight
 

Attachments

  • PSX_20251001_071315.webp
    PSX_20251001_071315.webp
    150.3 KB · Views: 44
Upvote 0
Don't know much about rocks, and wish I could give you an answer as to what it is :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom