What's new

✅ SOLVED Odd Token

cambria09

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2012
Messages
1,840
Reaction score
3,841
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All. I found this nickel sized brass token near an old small town house built in the 1920's. Both sides are the same.

My wife says it's play money but all the play money I have ever seen is aluminum. Any ideas?

Thanks for the view and Good Luck out there. C9
 

Attachments

  • 6 CL 051618 Token.webp
    6 CL 051618 Token.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 90
C9 --
These (I call them "generic") trade tokens were sometimes used by general stores that chose not to have customized tokens made with their name and location. The benefit was that they were cheap for the merchant to buy, but the downside was that they could not tell whether the token came from them or from the store down the road. They were probably used ca. 1915-1930 give or take, found all over the country, and were in denominations from 5¢ to $1.

John in the Great 208

 
Upvote 0
C9 --
These (I call them "generic") trade tokens were sometimes used by general stores that chose not to have customized tokens made with their name and location. The benefit was that they were cheap for the merchant to buy, but the downside was that they could not tell whether the token came from them or from the store down the road. They were probably used ca. 1915-1930 give or take, found all over the country, and were in denominations from 5¢ to $1.

John in the Great 208


Hello IT. Thanks for the interesting info...I love fining tokens...not my best one here but it will still go in the coolection. Good Luck out there. C9
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom