6 CL 051618 Token.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 60

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
C9 --
These (I call them "generic") trade tokens were sometimes used by general stores that chose not to have customized tokens made with their name and location. The benefit was that they were cheap for the merchant to buy, but the downside was that they could not tell whether the token came from them or from the store down the road. They were probably used ca. 1915-1930 give or take, found all over the country, and were in denominations from 5¢ to $1.

John in the Great 208

Upvote 0
OP
OP
cambria09

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C9 --
These (I call them "generic") trade tokens were sometimes used by general stores that chose not to have customized tokens made with their name and location. The benefit was that they were cheap for the merchant to buy, but the downside was that they could not tell whether the token came from them or from the store down the road. They were probably used ca. 1915-1930 give or take, found all over the country, and were in denominations from 5¢ to $1.

John in the Great 208

Hello IT. Thanks for the interesting info...I love fining tokens...not my best one here but it will still go in the coolection. Good Luck out there. C9

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread