Of these 2 detectors, which

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which one do you prefer for nugget hunting, the Original Fisher Gold Bug or the Whites Gold Master V-sat? I have the chance to pick up either one of them and at about the same price. I had a Gold Master II and liked the option of Iron ID and disc.. I have never tried the Gold Bug but have heard good about it too. So which is better and why, or are they about equal? Thanks for any help.

Upvote 0

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
They are both good gold finders. The Gold Master is a little more sensitive on super small stuff due to the higher freq. and the GB is a little deeper than the GM on the little larger pieces. When they first came out they both had their followers. I personally liked the GB better. If it needed it I doubt if you could get the GB repaired by Fisher, don't know about the GM.

OP
OP
Rebel73153

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Thanks Au. I

bought the Gold Bug. I may try to get the Gold Master too but will need to get more cash first. Got the GB for $165. Is that a fair price?

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$165 is a good price for the GB as long as it works correctly, and if you can get the GM VSAT for the same price it would be worth it as well, when buying any used detector test them throughly before buying.

Whites has a great service dept and should be able to repair any of their less ancient detectors.

Skip

OP
OP
Rebel73153

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Gold Bug seems to work fine. Testing the Gold Master before buying would be a bit difficult though as i am in Oregon and the seller is in Florida. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread