What's new

Oh give me a home where the "V" nickels roam!!!!!!!

eggbag

Full Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
123
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Oh give me a home where the "V" nickels roam!!!!!!!

I'll start with the headliner. 1st CWI nickel box: 33 pre 61, 1 brazil 5 centavos 1994, 2 war nicks 43p and 44p, bunch of beavers, and 3! V nickels 1905,06, and 11. I couldnt believe it, three v's all in different rolls.I've never even found one metal detecting.Thought it was awesome because so far I've yet to find a buffalo crhing.All would grade G4 no visible liberty on the head but they are beautifull to me. Worth around 2$ each im a happy man. 2nd nickel box: 1 war nick 44p, and a bunch of pre 1961. 1st dime box: 1 1951. 2nd dime box: 1 59d and 1 61d. 3rd dime box: 1 64 ,1 40, and 1 43 merc. Today did 2 half boxes 1st box gave up 3 40%ersand 1 72s proof(oooh shiny!). 2nd box gave up 1 90% and 5 40%-ers. Other recent finds include a wasted morgan from the teller no date but all silver,a 64 washington spotted in tellers tray, and from about 50$ in loose halfs from teller trays gave up 3 90%s and 5 40%s. Not bad for the past few weeks allthough i did get skunked on 2 dime boxes and 60$ in half hand rolls(one roll was short 2 coins). Good luck to all!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Oh give me a home where the "V" nickels roam!!!!!!!

Cool nickel finds. Don't see that everyday.
 
Re: Oh give me a home where the "V" nickels roam!!!!!!!

I just found my first Buffalo yesterday, as far as I am concerned, if buffalo is rare, V nickles are extinct, VERY nice score
 
Re: Oh give me a home where the "V" nickels roam!!!!!!!

DEFINATELY a once in a lifetime nickel find in my opinion. From a box that is...

GRATS!

~Dave
 
Re: Oh give me a home where the "V" nickels roam!!!!!!!

sweet finds

HH
-GC
 
Re: Oh give me a home where the "V" nickels roam!!!!!!!

Awesome!!!! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Oh give me a home where the "V" nickels roam!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.Im still excited about finding those V'S!
 
Re: Oh give me a home where the "V" nickels roam!!!!!!!

WOW! I've only ever found one V nickel (1899). Came in a hand roll. Congrats and may more V nickels come your way.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom