What's new

oh joy, box fees

existentiallettuce

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2009
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
My main supplier went to ten dollar per box fees this week. What do you all think about this number? I'm not looking to make a killing but id rather not lose money either. Been a week of bad news for crhers.
 
Upvote 0
I have broached this subject before. I have been paying $3 a box for 5 months now. As long as the boxes are producing good numbers,I don't mind paying the fees. I get 10 boxes for $30(duh). if I find 10 40%ers,I am still ahead of the game.

We have created this monster ourselves. The more coins we order,the more the banks have to double handle the coins we want.
The supply bank orders from an armoured car company and pays them to bring them coins. The dump banks have to pay to get the coins picked up also. The more we order,the more fees they have. When push comes to shove, the banks are going to pass the fees down to us.

Don't pay $10 per box. Shop around,they are trying to discourage you from ordering. Jim
 
Momma said you better shop around ;D

Find banks that do merchant orders and coin pickups often. Like a busy bank in a downtown area. Those banks can more than likely order or take your dumps. Some banks have coin or cash pickups everyday. They paid a flat fee so if you dump it doesn't matter. Just shop around.
 
$10 a box? Ouch!!!

I am in week #3 with nothing but skunks. I just don't see how I could ever come out ahead at $10 a box. I'd be leery even at $5 a box for what mine have been producing.
 
Yeah $10 a pop was a real let down. The tellers over there are by far the nicest and my favorite. Supposedly their main branch caught the red flag on box orders from my branch, and called it to a stop. I know of 2 other crhers there and i doubt they cycled 6-8 boxes a week between us, but as others have said $ are tight. Banks will certainly cut where they can. As far as i know my cu gets their boxes from an obscure service that doesn't have offices in the area maybe thats why its such a steep price. Looks like ill be trying to get back in with my downtown connection, I hate it though. Basically i will be paying three dollars downtown to park, plus the slight risk of carrying a bunch of cash down there. Ill keep at it anyway, all part of the game. Good luck on weeks end boxes everyone.
 
LOL! You've been scammed.

Do you Think the Grocery stores, Walmart and others pay over face on the box value for there change?
 
She let me have this weeks without a fee. I just meant it was a let down that my favorite bank is out. I wonder what walmart pays the armored services, can't be free. I wish we could order straight from brinks or loomis
 
The Walmarts and other grocery stores are depositing a lot of money on a daily basis. Banks make money on these deposits by the day so they might get better rates than us CRH. I would still look around - as long as you are close to a metropolitan area that has 50 or more banks it shouldn't be a problem finding free boxes and good dump banks.

Maine_Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom