Oh my aching Back!!!!

ghostrider1775

Dec 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI/ Grand Master Hunter CX3
Me and a buddy hit a new site this weekend and after 4 1/2 hours, I think both of us realized we are unfortunately getting older!! I woke up Sunday and thought rigamortis had set in!!!, anyway it was a great day virgin area, everwhere my buddy and I turned was a signal. Total for the day: Tom= $7.00 in clad, 1 promise ring, 4 wheaties, and a toy truck. Me= $7.50 in clad, 1 1943 silver quarter, 1 1952 silver Rosie, and 3 wheats. Attached 1 pick of Tom's truck and ring find, I will post mine Tuesday. Thanks, for lookin!!!! HH All!!!! 8)

Attachments

• Tom pics.JPG
    Tom pics.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,072
Upvote 0
D

doyboy

Whenever I hear one of the members of "Money Mafia" complain, I will state, "Gotta suck it up, cupcake!" :D

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good deal -

hh

OP
OP
ghostrider1775

ghostrider1775

Dec 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
doyboy said:
Whenever I hear one of the members of "Money Mafia" complain, I will state, "Gotta suck it up, cupcake!" :D
;D Come talk to me in another 18 years youngster !!!! ;D Good Hunting Doyboy!!!

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Sounds like you need more therapy - a daily regimen of swinging the detector will take care of that with time!
I feel your pain!!!

OP
OP
ghostrider1775

ghostrider1775

Dec 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
TXTim said:
Sounds like you need more therapy - a daily regimen of swinging the detector will take care of that with time!
I feel your pain!!!
;) I agree with that TX !!! It's been a little while for that long a hunt!!! Cheers
GR

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the finds.

Getting older sticks but there is only one alternative which none of us want.....

OP
OP
ghostrider1775

ghostrider1775

Dec 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
N.J.THer said:
Congrats on the finds.

Getting older sticks but there is only one alternative which none of us want.....
Yea you said it N.J it gets kinda sad that "Waking up breathing" is exciting to me ;D

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regarding getting old, the best thing about me is (my forgetter) ;D

Fossis,.................

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
A mixture of clad, silver and wheats, will keep you going !!!! Great finds :)

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Get yourself fixed up with a little liniment and you'll be good as new and ready to go in no time at all.

From the picture of your harvest it sure looks like you had a grand ole time getting that backache. :D

Wishing you a speedy recovery and happy hunting Ghost!

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dr. Dang says take 3 ibuprophen about an hour before you hunt and keep the bottle with you on a all dayer. My shoulder hurts on every hole but hopefully warmer weather will remedy most of that. Great finds and hang in there.

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my new DFX last month, but did not have time to take it out for a long hunt. Went out yesterday for 3 1/2 hours even though ground is somewhat frozen. Woke up this morning and my back hurt for about 2 hours. I guess you use a lot of muscles when detecting.

Mac the Knife

Dec 28, 2006
Madisonville, La
Very nice digs... Makes ya think if the promise ring ended up in the dirt from a broken promise?....

I think after a dig like that, I would digress to a bottle of ibuprofin, and a few beers... Cheers!!!

D

dugupfinds

I have over done it in the past & seriously injured my back. I was on strong pain killers for 2 weeks & had Physio for some time after. I now have my own personal "Sports Masseur" who visits 1 month to maintain my back & arms. I also have changed old habits & switch arms to detect with. I can swing with either hand & dig with either.

Without my Sports Masseur (anyone who thinks its pleasurable, try it!!!) I would be unable to continue & I not even middle-aged yet.

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
i overdid it last fall as well,to many hours swinging with right arm,arm still is not right,unsure if its a pinched nerve or pulled muscle but spring is almost here so hope it heals up soon....otherwise just call me lefty...hh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread